• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

alternatives to h&m for casual button downs?

itgiawa

Reaction score
I just want some simple button down shirts that are casual, light, maybe a few wrinkles to wear with jeans. i like the shirts at h&m but they fall apart.

any thoughts? brands?
i wonder why target dosent sell these shirts....

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know H&M isn't the best quality, but wtf are you guys doing to shirts that causes them to fall apart?

flatfront

Reaction score
I've found H&M to have very patchy quality from the few pieces I have bought there, some will look like they have had yrs of hard wear after a light wearing and a couple of washes and others ok.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
come on guys. is there really a paucity of places to buy casual button-down shirts?
do some goddamned leg work yourselves.

BrettChaotix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My H&M button down shirts have a tendency to stretch after a few all-day wears. I could either pay $15 to have a $20 shirt tailored or I can just buy a new one - which one do you think I choose?

Target sells button down shirts, the quality and price will be the same as H&M so why bother? Target's selection varies at each location so maybe you just have a crappy Target.

Seriously though, walk around a mall and take your pick of generic mall stores with button down shirts for cheap. If you want to spend a few bucks on a higher quality shirt, check out some of the form's affiliates above.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ZARA is a pretty good alternative. it might be a bit more expensive but not by much. I guess you can check out Express as well, again not as cheap but it's not much more either. Target is a good place too, apparently Rogan is releasing a line for Target. I just heard it and Barneys are having a sale on the items but if it's anything like the Duffy line at Target, it should be pretty affordable.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
rogan at target is for women, so if you're in the market for an off-the shoulder sweatshirt, then yes. good idea.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
rogan at target is for women, so if you're in the market for an off-the shoulder sweatshirt, then yes. good idea.

haha. My bad, liek I said, I just heard it so i don't know but you'll never know what a persons preference might be.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yeah. i was hoping it was a mens line. the keenan dufty or whatever stuff looked pretty solid but i bought a shirt and it's huge. it was marked large but i'm usually a 46-48 jacket and it was swimming.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Really? I found the Duffy line fitted, not lim but fitted. I usually wear a S-M and I got a small and it fit me well, just right without being too snug. I usually wear a 40R. Their new Converse One Star line looks kind of big but more fitted that their usual line from Merona or Cherokee. The One Star line has some decent casual cotton pants as well that surprisingly, dones't fit too loose.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads