• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alternative to Brooks Brothers Milano fit non iron dress shirts in the ~$60 range

Tier1Terrier

Reaction score
I've become a big fan of BB non-iron dress shirts and like the Milano fit. I'm looking for alternative brands that offer similar quality in the $60 price range since I only by the BBs on sale. What other options do I have?

bibbert2

Reaction score
Try TM Lewin's Slim Fit shirts - multibuy pricing is around $160 for 4 shirts, and they sometimes have further discounts. Plus they offer free returns and exchanges. They are a good value.

Tier1Terrier

Reaction score
Try TM Lewin's Slim Fit shirts - multibuy pricing is around $160 for 4 shirts, and they sometimes have further discounts. Plus they offer free returns and exchanges. They are a good value.

Thanks for the suggestion. How Does TML compare to BB in the non-iron category? In terms of quality, fit, durability, etc.

I'm tempted to order a 4-pack.

bibbert2

Reaction score
Personally I don't like non-iron shirts, but their normal cotton shirts are quite comparable in quality to a standard BB shirt (though maybe a little poorer in terms of quality control) .In terms of fit, the slim is a little less fitted than the milano, but the extra slim is even more fitted. The TML web site provides detailed measurements, so you can compare their fits to your favorite shirt.

Reaction score
You can find them on ebay for under $60. The recently discontinued black fleece line has a similar fit and is near that price on clearance. Nordstrom trim fit and Neiman Marcus trim fit are both good quality for a reasonable price. Lands end 100% cotton slim fit shirts are another good option.

Tier1Terrier

Reaction score
Ok, So I was about to order a 4 pack of TML shirts until I realized I didn't see any pockets over the breast. Am I seeing this correctly? I'm not finding any business shirts on TML with breast pockets. Did I miss a memo or something?

Tier1Terrier

Reaction score
I definitely need a breast pocket on my business shirts. Any other good options in non-iron / wrinkle free other than BB (Milano fit)?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads