• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alt Apparel is it normal to bead up when wet? Other T's to try next?

photofabix

Reaction score
Ok so this is going to sound like a dumb question but I will ask it anyway , sick of AA T's I wanted to try Alternative Apparel. In trying to save a few dollars I bought 2 on the bay just to try and see if i like them. There just the regular 100% cotton crew neck (black) when I wash them or if they get wet like from rain they bead up like crazy, I've never seen a T Shirt do that. Anyone else experience this with Alt Apparel? It's more of annoyance to me then a problem, I rather not walk around looking like a car that just got waxed. In any case I do like the fit over AA, there not long and Nightgowny and the fit seems slimmer and better cut over all, where as the AA is to baggy in the chest (medium). Several of the last AA T's I bought (organic 2001 medium) go down to my thighs there crazy long or maybe I'm just to short (5'9"). Also bought AA V Neck T's and there down right horrible, they itch like crazy I've washed them several times, also one came with a hole in the armpit. Also open to suggestions on what to try next I know there's a million of these threads, But I have the worst luck trying to fit into anything, 5' 9" 153 - 160 pounds 38" chest. Either the chest is to baggy, or the shirt is to long, and most any shirt my shoulders never fit, the shoulder line usually falls on my arm. I know there just T's but I live in T's and want them to look decent, and not like I'm half assing things. I tried both Target T's and they went right back to the store they didn't do it for me either.

Jokerman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have never had that happened and I have a majority of there different shirts.

On a side note. I would never buy there shirts from ebay they make such a great product they deserve every penny.

photofabix

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jokerman
On a side note. I would never buy there shirts from ebay they make such a great product they deserve every penny.

Yea they are great, I have a few of there hats, I just didn't want to drop 20 plus shipping on one T to see if I liked it or not. I plan on ordering some from there website now that I know I like the fit, and if others say there shirts don't bead up then I'm sold.

Also I see they make a "waxed" shirt (blackheart) but I don't think this is that as it doesn't have a glossy sheen to it nor destroyed accents, thankfully.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by photofabix
Yea they are great, I have a few of there hats, I just didn't want to drop 20 plus shipping on one T to see if I liked it or not. I plan on ordering some from there website now that I know I like the fit, and if others say there shirts don't bead up then I'm sold.

Also I see they make a "waxed" shirt (blackheart) but I don't think this is that as it doesn't have a glossy sheen to it nor destroyed accents, thankfully.

JCrew Broken in Slim Fit V Neck size M
JCrew Broken in V Neck size S

This doesn't need a new thread.

imhotep

Reaction score
could you do me a favor and tell me the p2p and back length measurements of your size M alt apparel?

some of the acne tee's fit quite well. they cost a little more, but you might want to give them a try. or, you can just get the AA tee's tailored to be shorter as well, i have done that.

photofabix

Reaction score
Originally Posted by imhotep
could you do me a favor and tell me the p2p and back length measurements of your size M alt apparel? some of the acne tee's fit quite well. they cost a little more, but you might want to give them a try. or, you can just get the AA tee's tailored to be shorter as well, i have done that.
Unworn, unstretched the - Pit to pit measures about 37" - Back neck to bottom hem 27" They where washed in cold water and hung to dry in the house.

james nicolas

Reaction score
i definitely have not experienced this with any of my tees or heard about it from anyone who has bought from me

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads