1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Almost affraid to ask, but opinions on these 7s?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by DGP, Jul 19, 2006.

1. DGP

DGP Senior member

2. jet

jet Senior member

Those are surprisingly nice, caught me off guard. I'd probably take the stitching off but don't hate I bought TRs a year and a half ago before they were played out [​IMG]

3. Flame

Flame Senior member

Not bad. Looks like Nudies from certain angles.

4. tweedlesinpink

tweedlesinpink Senior member

5. rnrswitch

rnrswitch Senior member

Not bad. I wonder how soft the denim is.

6. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

I have had a similar pair of sevens for a couple years. The denim is pretty rigid compared to their usual offerings, and the cut is definitely very straight. They are pretty nice and good for dressy occasions etc. I got them at that "Designer Store Outlet" place that used to be in the Block at Orange. Too bad that place closed, they blew out Sevens at $59 and other high end denim for low prices as well including old PD&C and AG.

7. Rome

Rome Senior member

Agreed on the decent look and cut. The mesurements on the site are off, it might be worth it to check out a local retailer and try them on.

8. DNW

DNW Senior member

Don't do it...

9. dimshum

dimshum Senior member

I happened to see these in person and Urban Outfitters a few weeks ago and found the denim to be pretty damn nice. Although I doubt I have the experience to categorize the its quality, from what I've felt, I'd say it's about on par with most other rigid denim. To be honest, the only thing that kept me from purchasing this pair was that they didn't have my size in 31 at the store. As for its rigidity, it's definitely not as rigid/starched as APC's or Nudies when they come in new; they're more flexible like bootcut olas.

10. tweedlesinpink

tweedlesinpink Senior member

As for its rigidity, it's definitely not as rigid/starched as APC's or Nudies when they come in new; they're more flexible like bootcut olas.
    that part goes without saying. there'll never be anything like APCs in the world of 'mainstream' denim. imagine picking up a pair of sevens to find that you've just picked up a piece of cardboard...

11. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

I dug out my pair tonight. They look really good actually, quite similar to new RRDS in appearance but not as stiff, clearly. The ones I have are 98% cotton 2% polyurethane. The color looks very close to raw denim but it clearly isn't. The fit is very nice in my opinion, seems very true to size.

Oh, mine have an extremely slight bootcut, they're called Dark New York or something.

They look nearly black when not in direct light, maybe more so than they look in the pics on UO site.

12. PunctualAlex

PunctualAlex Well-Known Member

It says "straight" on the website but those pictures look rather flared from the knee... perhaps it is the model? I personally don't like the streaky denim, looks almost pinstriped... but they don't look bad.

13. DGP

DGP Senior member

Thanks for the replies. I'm going to go see if a store has them today to try. Also, if they do fit, how are 7s going to play if moving to SoCal? I know that other places (besides NY) are sometimes behind on the trends, so I wasn't sure whether 7s were completely "played out" there, or if it was still popular. OTOH, might just wait for the new Rag and Bone stuff to come out instead.

14. JoMak_NYC

JoMak_NYC Senior member

I hear what you are saying but doesn't it suck that you would opt not to buy an otherwise nice pair of jeans due to the 'playe out' factor?

15. DGP

DGP Senior member

I hear what you are saying but doesn't it suck that you would opt not to buy an otherwise nice pair of jeans due to the 'playe out' factor?

I'll buy stuff that isn't "cool" or "trendy," I think R&B is the nicest jean out there, and few have even heard of it. What I can't stand is buying something that screams: "Look, I'm trying to be cool, but didn't get the message that this doesn't do it anymore." In other words, what I wear doesn't have to be "in" but I don't want to give the impression that I wear what I do because I'm trying to look "in," but not pulling it off. That's the worst of all situations.

16. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

A lot of people here wear sevens. I was in NR yesterday and some guy was asking the sales guy when they would get another load in. If the jeans fit well on you and look nice, I wouldn't worry about what other people think about the brand to be totally honest. That said, I would probably stay away from A pocket heh

17. weirdnjfan1

weirdnjfan1 Senior member

The wash is nice, but I would try them on in person, due to the fact that seven has some weird cuts.

18. cheapmutha

cheapmutha Senior member

for the price i think you could do alot better.

19. cultpop 0217

cultpop 0217 Senior member

for the price i think you could do alot better.

i agree. spend the extra $$ and get the rag and bone.

20. gza

gza Senior member

Or wait to buy these until you've collected every single model from APC.