• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score

Yes, the one thing to keep in mind with exotic leather is conditioning. Bick's colourless cream is often mentioned here, it'll do wonders on gators, crocs, ostrich, lizards, so on.

Interesting. I only have one pair of crocodile loafers. I generally only wear them in Summers, however, as they are a bit brash for my general tastes. I Reno them once at the beginning of the season, and then at the end (before storing them). I may hit them with some conditioner mid-season if they are getting considerable wear, but that's about it. I planned on periodically conditioning the belt. Should I be treating them differently?

Last edited:

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

made by Koji Suzuki

VRaivio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
bourbonbasted, if you're among these guys who take a shoe polishing evening one a month, it will do no harm also to treat your croc shoes with cream. Otherwise once every four months could do the trick, just to be sure the pair won't dry up. It dries regardless of wear.

Somehow I can picture Lapo Elkann wearing those naughty Dunhill hiking boots with just about anything. Navy chalk stripe flannel would be just fine and dandy.

isshinryu101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

bourbonbasted, if you're among these guys who take a shoe polishing evening one a month, it will do no harm also to treat your croc shoes with cream.

what kind of "cream". Definitely not shoe polish... especially not on any areas that bend/ flex.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score

what kind of "cream". Definitely not shoe polish... especially not on any areas that bend/ flex.

I don't polish my croc shoes and don't plan on polishing the belt. Truth be told, I really don't polish any of my shoes unless it's a formal event. Otherwise, I keep them brushed and treed, and hit them with Saphir conditioner or Reno every so often.

From the sound of it, hitting the belt with Reno twice a year should suffice.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads