• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds - how to save money

AdamAdam

Reaction score
Hi all. I'm new to these forums and Allen Edmonds shoes in general. I recently ordered a pair of McAllisters from a local AE store and they are being shipped to me from WI since they didn't have my size in stock. The reason for my post is that I'm considering another pair and perhaps down the line a few more.

As I've read through some of the threads here, I see people all the time bragging about deals they got on AE shows. Right now McAllisters and Strands are going for $345 USD retail. I haven't really found any deals anywhere except Amazon. They are running something right now where if you sign up for their shoe deal email, you get a one-time 20% off coupon. This is great but not repeatable.

I assume Amazon sells "firsts" when it comes to AE assuming it's sold by Amazon and not another retailer on the site. Is this true? I don't really trust ebay because those could easily be seconds or fakes without me knowing it. I understand that Nordstrom sometimes has sales. Can anyone tell me how frequently that happens? I've seen people talk about "B&S" which I assume means "Buy & Sell" and refers to the marketplace on these forums?

One more question: if I buy a pair on, let's say Amazon, will a store exchange them for a different size, color, etc. if I change my mind? I'm not looking to do anything shady. I assume one new pair in exchange for another new pair makes everyone come out even. What if I find a problem with a pair I buy elsewhere, instead of shipping it back will the store exchange for me?

Anyway, enough rambling. I like these shoes and plan to buy a few more pair but would like to understand if there is a way to save a few bucks. $345 is about at my upper limit of what I can spend on a shoe.

Anyway, nice to meet you all. I have other questions on these shoes but I'll take them to another thread since the topic is different.

Thanks!
Adam

msulinski

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Amazon should only be carrying first-quality. Same with just about any retailer. Nordstrom Rack might have some second-quality shoes, but not all of them are seconds.

There are a few places to get the shoes discounted. Forum user allaboutshoes offers first-quality AE shoes at a discount, but does not accept returns, so you must know your size. Since you already have McAllisters, you should be good for any calf offering on the 5-last.

Kiwi Man

Reaction score
If I were you, I would go ahead and spend USD345 instead of saving USD70.

This is because you seemed to be worried about the seconds. The possibility of you getting fake products tends to increase if you are not an expert on authenticating products.

Welcome to forum, by the way.

AdamAdam

Reaction score
Do you have a link to this promotion?

For the Amazon promotion go to certain shoes. For instance: http://www.amazon.com/Allen-Edmonds...64212729&sr=8-3&keywords=allen+edmonds+strand

If you scroll down a bit under "Special Offers" you'll see "Buy from Amazon.com:
Subscribe to Amazon's Shoes E-mails for discounts on this and other eligible items. Here's how (restrictions apply)
". Click on the link and it'll tell you how to sign up for the email and get a coupon code.

steezy

Reaction score
I'm waiting for the semi-annual Nordstrom sale to pick up my AEs. The shoes are around $200 depending on the model. The sale should be in July if I remember correctly.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads