• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds comfort question

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ls1dreams
Have you stuck with AE shoes since this?

What other good quality shoes might run a bit wider?

I think I'm going to stop by Nordstrom's tomorrow and try on the 9.5's again for comparison.

Are 9's available in a wider size? (Though I'm worried this would make my heel/etc too wide)

I haven't bought any more from them at this point. I still really just need to go through the different lasts and combos of lengths and widths to find the right one, but haven't gotten round to it yet. I do still stand by their shoes as good entry level "real" shoes, even if my experience hasn't been the best. It's like buying a canali suit that doesn't fit and arguing it's poorly made. It's nobody's fault but my own.

At this point I'm just starting out so not too many shoes in the rotation. I know there's a master thread somewhere with all the different shoe size comparisons listed.

As for wider sizes, there's a manual you have to check. It depends on the last but some do EE and some only EEE. I think you and I have the same problem, narrow heel but wide/fat foot. If it's wide enough, either the heel slips out or it's too long. So far I think the "0" last which is slightly cone-al should be a good starting point.

Originally Posted by binge
Have you tried a cobbler? I did have one pair of shoes that were too tight for simple "breaking in", so I took them to the professionals for some stretching. Came out just right.

Tried that too. I probably just bought 1/2 a size too small and they're just at the point of being uncomfortable enough that I take them off as soon as I can. Unfortunately with the state of toronto's shoe selection, there's not much else to fit on. I was hoping that little bit of stretching would work and then I'd have the most comfortable shoes, but so far my feet hurt for days every time I wear them.

s.car

Reaction score
From my personal experience;

If they fit tight when you first purchase them, they will hurt your feet over time. I've got a pair of black daytrippers that are just a tad too small, and they absolutely kill my feet.

If they fit...well? They'll be, again from my experience, a VERY comfortable pair of shoes. I have a pair of brown daytrippers as well, which are one of the most comfortable pair of shoes that I own.

S. Paul

Reaction score
Originally Posted by phxlawstudent
Have you tried a size wider?

Whenever my pinky toe is getting crushed I size slightly wider. While you can't exactly split up a pair of shoes, doing so might give you the best results sans shoe stretching. Which my AE store apparently does for free... Wish I knew that 6 months ago when I had a couple of shoes stretched by the local cobbler.... :\\

I've been looking on ebay for new AE shoes and actually found a seller on there with several pairs in my size (13) that have mismatched widths. Obviously, I realize a person would have to get very lucky on there to find the correct type of mismatch. The deal, however, would be outstanding - $85 for a new pair of AE!

Here is a link to the seller, as an example this pair is size 13 but D and C widths:
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Allen-Edmond...item20afae3fec

Hope that may help someone!

cheers,
Sean Paul

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics