• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think that walnut will look just fine with a medium grey suit. Although what the others have said about role in the wedding is something to take into account. I know you have other shoe options right? :)

I do. But Haven't worn my strands in a while, so I think I"ll go with those.

I want so many shoes but my wallet doesn't seem to feel the same way

ninjanine

Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice. Just called the Shoebuy folks ordered seconds of the Kenilworths in Bourbon ($157) and the Strands in Walnut, Brooks Brothers version ($179). And that was before the $50 AmEx discount. Not bad. Can't wait to get them.

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
7rocket, why don't you just go with those Carminas you always talked about?
1f606.png

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

MacNeil Monday
Classy! I love color 8 longwings with the black welt/edge! Here's my appreciation for the day: the under-appreciated Bradley. This one has particularly awesome hand stitching on the vamp/toe. Too bad the web site photos don't exploit this

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Here's my appreciation for the day: the under-appreciated Bradley. This one has particularly awesome hand stitching on the vamp/toe. Too bad the web site photos don't exploit this

I have a pair of brown shell Bradleys. I don't wear them enough. Yours are looking good today.

Last edited:

Trader George

Reaction score
Has anybody got any insight on how the fit would be for the following:

Somebody who normally wears an 8.5E in calf on the 5 last trying to wear:

8.5D Shell Cordovan Leeds
8.5D Shell Cordovan Cambridge

Thanks

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Has anybody got any insight on how the fit would be for the following:

Somebody who normally wears an 8.5E in calf on the 5 last trying to wear:

8.5D Shell Cordovan Leeds
8.5D Shell Cordovan Cambridge

Thanks

Both will likely be too narrow for you; the 1 last is even narrower than the 5, in my experience.

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Both will likely be too narrow for you; the 1 last is even narrower than the 5, in my experience.

???
The Cambridge (shell vs calf) I think will most likely be too narrow; not sure how much more forgiving the cord will be vs. calf - I tried cord & calf in a few styles and the cord felt the tiniest bit roomier but just because of the material, not enough to change length or width.

You think the 511 & Leeds will be too narrow, more than the 65 last? I find the 511 much much wider. Worse for instep, definitely way shorter in length, but much wider. Interesting...are you thinking of the 108 or the 511? The 108 is definitely narrower.

Last edited:

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you are part of the wedding party, then no, your dress should be muted in comparison to the bride and groom. Wear dark brown or black. If you are just an attendee, then wear chuck taylors if you want.

Chuck taylors suck - Toms Paseos for the win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads