• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

PSA before I post in the marketplace. I’m selling a brand new in box, unworn pair of merlot calfskin eagle county boots, complete with box and shoebags. Iny lining, indy insole, brass eyelets, black split reverse welt, black dainite. Size 8.5D. $200 + shipping. Ships from Asia. Estimated 5-6 days. Interested parties may PM me.
they should be a 9D, I'd have bought them yesterday.

on a separate note, grabbed a pair of firsts chcolate suede players for $70 BNIB today.

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question for you guys. Recently picked up the Lake Shore Drives for the summer. Picked them up in a 10E but I'm having an issue with them. The area by the ankle seems to bow outward when I take a step. I've seen some others mention that this means the shoe is too long.

My issue is that the upper of the shoe already pushes against the top of my foot (sometimes to the point of discomfort). Does anyone have any potential solutions? I was wondering if I switch to a 9.5 EE if that would fix the bowing and discomfort? I'm more concerned with fixing the discomfort on the top of my foot than the bowing.

Thanks!

First of all - thanks for again reminding me about those Lake Shore Drives that I missed out on because the SA wouldn't check to see if it was still available in my size (which it in fact was at the time).

Secondly, welcome to my world of pain. What is your normal size? In a lot of AE's styles I usually go down one half size and stay with a D width - this is what I did with the Grayson, Jermyn, Westchester. None of these bother me on the top of my foot at all because of the shape of the 97 last. However, for the 114, 800 and 2592 lasts, if the loafer's leather is stiff enough, that top area is so bad I have to go from a D to an E, then they are ok.

The Lake Shore Drive's material is already really forgiving, much more so than the Grayson. To me it sounds like the last isn't the greatest for you - I might check out something else. I think increasing the width (because I tried this with the Manchester) would really mess with the heel to the point where you couldn't wear it.

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

they should be a 9D, I'd have bought them yesterday.

on a separate note, grabbed a pair of firsts chcolate suede players for $70 BNIB today.
I'm sure they are 8.5D because I'm the seller and I haven't posted them at The MO yet. What you bought was probably from the GMTO. This isn't from that batch.

Congratulation on the purchase.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm sure they are 8.5D because I'm the seller and I haven't posted them at The MO yet. What you bought was probably from the GMTO. This isn't from that batch.

Congratulation on the purchase.

I think he's saying that he WISHES they were 9D so he COULD buy them.

Why selling? Too many Eagles?

jfo2010

Reaction score

To be honest, i have concluded today that im probably done with the 65 last, the 1 last and other less sleek lasts..i feel like its time to step into AE's interpretation of the new millennium and merge with the modern look that everyone else is embracing...so im probably going with the 2, 8, & 333 lasts from now on.

I have decided the same.

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think he's saying that he WISHES they were 9D so he COULD buy them.

Why selling? Too many Eagles?
Haha you're right :) sorry I misread that.

I'm waiting on a burgundy shell Frankenstitch to miraculously show up. Want to be ready with funds when that happens

Last edited:

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

yeah, no idea why he took it thst way. Saying I want a pair and they sound great...awkward
Completely my bad. I misread a few key words in your post. I didn't mean to offend with my post, I (wrongly) thought you meant it was 9D and you bought it yesterday. Obviously I need to read more carefully next time.

Now... What can we do about those toe fingers to make an 8.5D fit.

Last edited:

hohneokc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is a throwback. This was the AE Dalton in the mid 1990's.

Chris

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rain this morning so I went with the Aberdeens. I'm thinking about changing the laces for some flat kind. There seems to be a lot of room in the exposed eyelets.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awful weather in Brooklyn this morning. Walking against the wind led to thoroughly soaked trousers.

Long Branches had my dogs covered, though.

RR347

Reaction score
I wanted to order the McAllisters in Bourbon, because that's what I had tried on in the store, but I saw they only have bourbon available for the McAllisters with dainite rubber sole or with combination tap sole. What are the pros/cons of those vs the regular leather sole?

ultravisitor

Reaction score
I wanted to order the McAllisters in Bourbon, because that's what I had tried on in the store, but I saw they only have bourbon available for the McAllisters with dainite rubber sole or with combination tap sole. What are the pros/cons of those vs the regular leather sole?

The combination tap sole is a great sole. It is very hardy. I have it on my Patriots, and despite the fact that I'm really hard on soles and have worn them during the rain and walked on wet concrete with them, they hardly show any wear.

I have the Clark Streets, too, which have the Dainite sole. The sole is comfortable, but it's not nearly has hardy as the combination tap sole.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads