• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewYawker

Reaction score

YES!! Just saw it yesterday and tried it on. Its a great looking loafer and very comfortable too. You are correct.....it is a great spring/summer casual loafer. I tried it because I just purchased a pair here on SF in dark chili. It was a blind purchase so I'm glad I was able to try a pair in the size I purchased. I can't wait to get them on my feet. I should have them by Saturday. 

Thanks for the info! I will have to get to a store and see it in person - as usual, AE pics not doing the shoes any justice. Looks like a great model though.

RitchieBro

Reaction score

They sent a pair of orange laces with the Rush Streets I received earlier this week.
I'm not yet convinced that orange is going to look good with olive green.

ncroadwarrior2

Reaction score

Thanks for the info! I will have to get to a store and see it in person - as usual, AE pics not doing the shoes any justice. Looks like a great model though.
Yes it is. As stated I can't wait to get mine. Definitely try a pair. I was lucky because I have to be careful with loafers. My heel is narrow so I usually have to go down a size. These fit perfectly with no heel slippage. But I know your experience could be different. The world of AE :)

Last edited:

RichieP

Reaction score
Does anyone have a good contact at AE HQ? I have an interesting issue with a gift card that might need a little Columbo work to figure out.

PM me if you want.

Thanks.

Rubik1014

Reaction score
This looks better than I expected.

I wear my orange laces on Walnut more often than I would have thought. They almost end up looking tan/neutral, but different than tan laces. Just buy the rainbow pack and be done with it!

BoxSRS60

Reaction score
They sent a pair of orange laces with the Rush Streets I received earlier this week.
I also got the orange laces with the Olive shoes. They looked ok to me, but I also had the navy Rush St, so I put the orange in the Navy shoes (orange and blue are complimentary colors) and then bought some red to go in the olive Rush St (green and red are complimentary colors as well) and I like the pairings. Crappy cell phone pics with crappy white balance, but hopefully, you'll get the idea.

ncroadwarrior2

Reaction score
I also got the orange laces with the Olive shoes. They looked ok to me, but I also had the navy Rush St, so I put the orange in the Navy shoes (orange and blue are complimentary colors) and then bought some red to go in the olive Rush St (green and red are complimentary colors as well) and I like the pairings. Crappy cell phone pics with crappy white balance, but hopefully, you'll get the idea.

Looks better with the jeans IMO.

ncroadwarrior2

Reaction score
Of course the Long Branch comes with an extra pair of red laces which I think would look nice with jeans.

XFi1382

Reaction score
Guys, quick question.

How does the 333 last compare to the 65 last? I have a 8.5EEE in the 65, what would you recommend in the 333 last?

Thanks!

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Guys, quick question.

How does the 333 last compare to the 65 last? I have a 8.5EEE in the 65, what would you recommend in the 333 last?

Thanks!

Try the same size. That works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads