• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

rostov

Reaction score

You plan outfits around what shoes you want to wear, right? Not the other way around?

I know this was for @mdubs, but since we're on the topic... I check the weather, decide on a shoe, then I pick my outfit. I can see how I might do this otherwise if I had more shoes, or if every pair had Dainite or at least a vthread/topy.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
I know this was for @mdubs, but since we're on the topic... I check the weather, decide on a shoe, then I pick my outfit. I can see how I might do this otherwise if I had more shoes, or if every pair had Dainite or at least a vthread/topy.

LoL, I typically check the weather before I pick my shoes as well. I do not wear light Shell in inclement weather. :)

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey! Welcome back Eric! How's the hoof?

LoL, I typically check the weather before I pick my shoes as well. I do not wear light Shell in inclement weather. :)

Dubsy, I would die for a peek inside your shoe storage area. Im trying to imagine the scenario of you picking out the day's pair.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey! Welcome back Eric! How's the hoof?

Dubsy, I would die for a peek inside your shoe storage area. Im trying to imagine the scenario of you picking out the day's pair.

He has a few of these installed

NWTeal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Inclement weather in southern California? Haha.

On a serious note, how do you find shell cordovan on warmer days? Is it uncomfortable?

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@NWTeal
  I have tried a few Alden Long and Short Wings on and for some reason on my foot they just look like clown shoes to me. my foot is very wide across the balls of my foot and they seem to push out enhancng the effect with the rounded toe. That Leffot Antique took all my strength not to order and when Union Made put the those #8 shortwing boots up I must have gone to the check out screen 10 times...LOL 

There is a Two Tone calf LWB Alden on Union Made that I may order I love it.

Yeah, I have slightly wide feet, but not a EEE or anything. You're a 3E right? I can imagine that it would look exaggerated and be uncomfortable if the toes are pushing out the sides. The nice thing about the LWB (AE or Alden) is that clunky or hefty is the aesthetic and it looks pretty cool with jeans or chinos. 

Yes eee in some lasts and e in others...some thing with the way mY foot spreads when standing....just makes some shoes look so odd on me....the aesthetic of the AE wing by not being as large in the toe part seems to look less odd to me. I love longings and short wings though and they are versatile.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Checked the shoe bank. Saw alot of new stock or at least new old stock, like the player navy suede.

NWTeal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Checked the shoe bank. Saw alot of new stock or at least new old stock, like the player navy suede.
Thinking about sand suede players.. kind of loud, but might be cool for sipping drinks on the porch with a cigar....(I live in a tiny NYC apartment).

Also, do people have experience with the fit of the Patriot Loafer? Thinking about picking up a pair.

polojock615

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thinking about sand suede players.. kind of loud, but might be cool for sipping drinks on the porch with a cigar....(I live in a tiny NYC apartment). 

Also, do people have experience with the fit of the Patriot Loafer? Thinking about picking up a pair. 

I have both. I wear the same size in both.

Jdub6

Reaction score
Involved massive weight loss, yes. Rather not go into any further detail though. Lol - don't ever feel the need to say "don't take this the wrong way..." You've been nothing but helpful and for that I am grateful. Have to disagree on the AE retail store though. From my experience, they seem to be most interested in selling a standard size at msrp to make quotas, and really don't care about fitting an individual customer. Maybe your experience is different than mine.
Exactly my experience; Nordstrom was my only solution as the only luxury (Logan's) store in Lexington KY simply stated they only carry standard width and wouldn't order in, etc.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't think they're loud at all. I was actually looking at the tan suede in the nuemok's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads