• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is there a general 'best time of the year' to buy belts?

I'm after a few to match with my AEs.

I don't wear belts with suits - only with 'formal' chinos. So slightly wider is what I am after.

In terms of shoes, I have walnut, burnished brown, brown grain, black (all calf), and burgundy cordovan.

It's a bit hard to tell on the site what goes with what.

I think the Wide Basic is what I am after.

Did someone mention that the Madison belt is on sale at some stores?

I think belt 2nds are currently on sale at outlets. I have two and am none the wiser regarding flaws...

lachyzee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My outlet told me this:

For the most part our belts are regularly priced (before the Tangerstyle 20% off coupon) – you may want to consider the Bombay (walnut & brown) reg: $98 – sale: $59. I’ll be back in the store Friday, 9a-3p.

I guess it varies outlet to outlet. Will call around.

A shame they aren't on www.shoebank.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My outlet told me this:

For the most part our belts are regularly priced (before the Tangerstyle 20% off coupon) – you may want to consider the Bombay (walnut & brown) reg: $98 – sale: $59. I’ll be back in the store Friday, 9a-3p.

I guess it varies outlet to outlet. Will call around.

A shame they aren't on www.shoebank.

I may have been remembering the Memorial Day sale, actually.

AdRock

Reaction score
These are 11D. I saw him auctioning another pair almost identical to these a couple days later, but didn't see what they went for.

Those are the exact shoes I was hoping to get. Enjoy them! They are truly unique!

DerangedGoose

Reaction score
Is there a general 'best time of the year' to buy belts?

I'm after a few to match with my AEs.

I don't wear belts with suits - only with 'formal' chinos. So slightly wider is what I am after.

In terms of shoes, I have walnut, burnished brown, brown grain, black (all calf), and burgundy cordovan.

It's a bit hard to tell on the site what goes with what.

I think the Wide Basic is what I am after.

Did someone mention that the Madison belt is on sale at some stores?

The Madison is on sale for $49. There are probably some places you can get a quality leather dress belt for somewhat less, but I figured I might as well get what I know will match my AE and not have to spend tons of time searching.

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The Madison is on sale for $49. There are probably some places you can get a quality leather dress belt for somewhat less, but I figured I might as well get what I know will match my AE and not have to spend tons of time searching.

Where? The allen edmonds store has them for $88

Suit of Nettles

Reaction score
Let me tell you, it's not easy getting Bauer Vertexx cowlings onto the old #4 last.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone notice that most of the Independence collection shoes are on clearance / sale? There are fewer models than i remember too, are they eliminating the collection all together by chance?

Either way, i might pick up a Williams in brown, i don't have any wingtips at the moment, and this derby version is right up my alley...

halfnhalfnhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone notice that most of the Independence collection shoes are on clearance / sale? There are fewer models than i remember too, are they eliminating the collection all together by chance?

Either way, i might pick up a Williams in brown, i don't have any wingtips at the moment, and this derby version is right up my alley...

Someone posted a few pages ago that AE is revamping the Independence line, which is why they're burning off their current stock.

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ok shell experts, how did I do? Do I need to Reno them and brush like I've been reading about? Thanks!!

I have heard very little negative things about Reno and many men whom I respect use it regularly.

I use Venetian Shoe Cream on my 9-10 pairs of cordovans....

And lots, I mean LOTS of horse hair brushing.

Did you purchase these as seconds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads