• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

hohneokc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

New colors added to Mcallister!

Looks like the Lexington is also offered in Bourbon and Chili now - I don't remember those colors when it was first on the website.

I like the Brown and Chili McAllisters best. But the Merlot and Black look nice also - very classic look. And I have the Walnut McAllister (also have a pair of Burgundy McAllisters from 1990, but it's a different shade).

I guess you could say I am a fan of the McAllister.

Chris

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Strand brown suede on Amazon for $186...nice price for firsts better if you have the 20% off. Dainite sole

evilWagon

Reaction score

I have the dark brown FAs, like the others rec'ed, and I love them. But my favorite pair is my merlot McAllisters.

Are the burgundy ones calf or shell? They look terrific

BespokeBrooklyn

Reaction score
The oxfords that Allen Edmonds manufacturers for Jos. A. Bank seem to be very similar to their regular line models, only their seconds are substantially less expensive. Is there any appreciable difference in quality? If not, I may grab pairs in black and brown the next time they have a sale.

evilWagon

Reaction score

The oxfords that Allen Edmonds manufacturers for Jos. A. Bank seem to be very similar to their regular line models, only their seconds are substantially less expensive.  Is there any appreciable difference in quality?  If not, I may grab pairs in black and brown the next time they have a sale.
I know some if not all are made on different lasts than the AE version and have the poron insole.

Last edited:

MoneyWellSpent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The oxfords that Allen Edmonds manufacturers for Jos. A. Bank seem to be very similar to their regular line models, only their seconds are substantially less expensive. Is there any appreciable difference in quality? If not, I may grab pairs in black and brown the next time they have a sale.

They are an excellent value in seconds, due to their price. There isn't any difference in quality.

MoneyWellSpent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Jefferson has a double sole like the Cambridge but is missing a bit of brouging around the throat that is present on the McAlister and the Cambridge.

All are oxford wingtips on the 5 last.

In fact, the Jefferson is a single sole. Rather, the Independence Collection uses thick single soles than the traditional leather soles offered by AE. They don't quite make it to double sole thickness, but are an extra "iron" thicker than a typical single sole bend.

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@MWS. ^^^ thanks for the correction. Mine have a toppy on them and, at a glance, looklike a double soul.

Last edited:

mavrik13

Reaction score
Received my seconds 2/250 on Friday, just had a chance to open them today.

The Burgundy Cliftons are excellent - a couple minor imperfections making them seconds, but certainly worth keeping.

The Elgin's are a much tougher decision. My gut reaction when I opened the box was to return them - however, after spending a couple hours when them on my feet, I think I can live with the imperfections. They are 'the worst' seconds quality shoes I have received from AE to date.

The above picture shows the worst of the blemishes - it actually doesn't look as bad with the flash. The toes of both shoes show some more spotting as can be seen in the above picture. It is noticeable from eye level, but I think I can still live with it. Working in a hospital, I am pretty hard on my shoes - they end up getting dinged off of all kinds of random objects. They are hard to say no to for the 2/250 price. The Elgin's are also some of the most comfortable shoes I've put on from AE right out of the box. Might be an easier decision if I lived in the US and it only would cost $10 to return... but since it would likely cost upwards of $25-$30 to return, in addition to having spent $40 to have the pair of shoes sent up here... #CanadaProblems

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Any chance you can have them look at the shoes for you in the future to avoid this problem?

mavrik13

Reaction score
Any chance you can have them look at the shoes for you in the future to avoid this problem?

I did ask the associate to take a look. The pair of burgundy cliftons came from the associates store. The Elgin's came from the warehouse - who apparently told the associate 'they looked good'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads