1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nestea92

Nestea92 Member

Was just in AE and found out next sale will be "in April" McTavish will not be on sale (which is what I was in to see) but McAllisters will be on sale. Didn't ask anymore specifics.

I sure was wanting to pick up some brown McTavish on Discount, but I'm going to need to pull the trigger at $295 it looks like... Not sure my feet can wait much longer.

2. JSO1

JSO1 Senior member

AE's "anniversary sale" tends to run from the middle of April until the end of the month. They usually discount a few of their classic styles along with other styles. If I recall correctly, the McAllister and Lexington were both discounted last year. Can't remember all the others, but it's not nearly as big of a sale as the yearly Rediscover America (RDA) sale, which happens in October.

3. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

I feel like I am so done with the USPS. I sold a pair of Daltons and shipped USPS Priority Mail. The tracking info says they were delivered on Valentine's Day. But the buyer never received them. Buyer has never had a problem with deliveries to his doorstep before. We both think the USPS screwed up. Maybe they'll show up but I'm not optimistic.

I don't like UPS either (prefer FedEx) but seriously thinking about not using USPS to ship anymore...

4. danwatts2005

danwatts2005 Senior member

I'm in the market for some McAllisters, probably in Merlot or similar. Did they give any hint as to price?

5. Nestea92

Nestea92 Member

No info on sale price, I didn't ask though.

1 person likes this.
  6. polojock615

polojock615 Senior member

Walnut shell Daltons showed up today with navy Carlyles!

7. JSO1

JSO1 Senior member

Last year during the April sale the McAllisters were $259 (down from the then-retail price of $365). I imagine this year they'll be $269 or $279, since the current retail price is $385.

Pics or it didn't happen.

1 person likes this.
  8. LanceM

LanceM Senior member

I thought they didn't have any walnut shells. Just natty.

9. Darkside

Darkside Senior member

This concerns me as I just shipped 2 pairs via USPS that I sold on eBay.

10. FatTuesday

FatTuesday Senior member

I agree. Let's call it the "Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread".

Seriously, I do feel sometimes that our expectations of perfection lead to our own disappointment and frustration that is shared with the world via this thread. Instead of being cheerleaders for AE, we inadvertently act as detractors. I am an AE fan and I love their shoes. I wish we (me included) would all use a bit more discretion when venting about our unrealized expectations. I will say that the 1 or 2 times I had issues with AE, they bent over backwards to satisfy me.

11. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

What size where the Daltonsm

12. polojock615

12 EEE in the original walnut shell. They were to replace by pair of 12 E that were just a tad too snug. I need to sell the 12 Es now.

Originally they were hiding and marked as firsts. When I asked for them and an inspection, they were downgraded to seconds. They are the ones that showed up briefly on Shoebank.com, but only while they were shipped to Jville for a secondary inspection. Originally we thought there was a tear in the leather, but now I don't think so. I will keep them. I've actually had my eye on them for over a year and finally decided to take the plunge.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
  13. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Yeah but then it would be the Alden thread were nothing is produced wrong and even the ugliest of shoes are hailed as evidence of God on earth....lol

Just kidding of course...

2 people like this.
  14. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

You got those exactly 10 minutes before I ordered them....lol...I spent 30 minutes deciding if I should order them just to see if they would fit....

So how are they?

15. FatTuesday

FatTuesday Senior member

@polojock615 , tell me about the 12E's that you are selling, please. Feel free to PM me.

16. polojock615

Sorry Kahuna - they were never actually up for grabs. They just popped up on the website when they got downgraded. I still had my hooks in them, though.

17. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Ha......shoebank right? Yeah my rep called the store it was listed under and they said we just missed them...good i feel better now that I never had a shot.

18. polojock615

I love them....

[​IMG]

Do you see the defect? It's the two lines...
    [​IMG]

Horween stamp!
    [​IMG]

19. FatTuesday

FatTuesday Senior member

Very nice! Congrats!

20. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

@polojock615 Yeah, you scored on those! The color is phenomenal! Enjoy them my friend! I personally find the lack of pinking on those to drive me crazy. If I could go back in time, I would have ordered mine as an MTO with pinking and then I may still have them today...

-Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.