• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lots of new additions to clearance, BTW. Including Elgin!!

OptoDoc

Reaction score

I think I'm somewhere between an 8.5D and 8D on the 8 last. These inserts that patrick_b recommended seem to take up just the right amount of space to make my 8.5D's fit well with zero lacing gap.

Problem solved. Thanks, patrick_b!
Originally Posted by patrick_b View Post

I've tried a variety of insoles over the years but I've finally found one that works well, is very reasonably priced ($10) and even looks good in a nice pair of shoes. I always thought the bright green foam Spenco insoles looked so out of place in a nice pair of shell shoes.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001E5320A/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

After trying the Saphir branded Tacco insole, I came across these at amazon. This Pedag brand may very well be the same Tacco insole but they are a few dollars cheaper. With Amazon Prime's free shipping, they were a great deal and I like that they are leather.

Last edited:

chris45

Reaction score

I think I'm somewhere between an 8.5D and 8D on the 8 last. These inserts that patrick_b recommended seem to take up just the right amount of space to make my 8.5D's fit well with zero lacing gap.

Problem solved. Thanks, patrick_b!

Good to know.. thanks. What size insole did you purchase for your 8/8.5D?

halfnhalfnhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
A few more interesting items on that page:

* PA in walnut grain
* Long Branch in a second shade of grey
* Eagle County in grey and black
* the return of Neumora
* the return of Finch

I wonder where it's all been hiding?

Last edited:

chris45

Reaction score
A few more interesting items on that page:

* PA in walnut grain
* Long Branch in a second shade of grey
* Eagle County in grey and black
* the return of Neumora
* the return of Finch

I wonder where it's all been hiding?
@halfnhalfnhalf you know I've been on standby for a grey Long Branch -- how do you personally like that color in comparison to your current pair, even considering you haven't seen that particular shade of grey in person?

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any success coloring that Harrier Sole edge- I have a black pair of boots that have it and thought I would get used to it but have not and though it fits in more with the Tan leather that sole is stopping me from the ~~Chukkamok Chukka Boots in blue the Carson City boot and the Spiaggia blue sued...Not sure if edge dressing would actually soak in and darken it enough

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Still so tempted to do a shaker heights mto in blackkkkk!

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Steam67

Reaction score
This is as good a time as any to quit lurking and make a post.

Just pulled the trigger on some shell Leeds and MacNeils, you enabling sonsabitches.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

AIK1891

Reaction score
As I hadn't formed a definitive answer from browsing/searching, I asked this along with a few other questions several pages back; maybe as of this week it could use clarification & updating:

• As of now / going forward, what is the true default rate to be expected for doing MTO?
{especially for sale items}

It certainly would help me as a new poster/long-time lurker, but maybe even some others if there is an updated policy for guidance.

I know there is a waiver for forum members of the $125 custom fee, but the only items I have in the pipeline right now are all current models so I was quoted just the current price.

But older models?
For example, seeing as how I've been impressed with the Eagle County MTOs I've seen here and I'm returning my Daltons that are too big, if I wanted to add an Eagle County of my own, I shouldn't expect to get the latest reduction at $167? But could I still get the $197 that others got? Or now would MTO be back to whatever had been the full retail when they were first sold? (I don't even remember that price[?]; I didn't like the model until I saw the customs here because I didn't like the soles they came stock with).

Another example: I saw Chukkamok's are back in clearance with a clearance price, and in my last e-mail, before they were back on the website, I had asked Allison about the availability of them MTO in suede because the 4-234 last should be a lot better for my feet than the 5-65 of the Cronmok/Strandmok. (and also, the Chukkamok is another model I don't like the stock sole offering). I haven't had a reply on that question yet. There are even some Hamptons back on the website … another one I could tweak (I could like that one in an all white part-leather/part-suede better than the Neumok that I could build with the schools colors promotion right now).

A further kink is that some of the clearance-priced shoes I just put in my shopping cart are "In-Stock," but others are "Order Now. Handcrafted for you in 8 Weeks." That seems to me like they're being custom made regardless.

It would be nice to have some benchline guidance to estimate a cost in my own head (full retail price / sale price, like the Banchory just knocked off $28 - 10% / final clearance discount, like the Chukkamok discounted $103 - 40%?) without having to contact Allison for each new custom I come up with in my mind; not only does it sometimes take a while to get an answer, but I can dream up 2-3 custom ideas in my mind each week even if I only finally pull the trigger on less than a half-dozen throughout the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads