• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

supernsx

Reaction score
No, the one on ebay is not mine. But I did put the Krause on the marketplace because the 1000 mile boots run about half size larger than the other AE that I have.

Cold Iron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I popped my shell cherry today...
wow.gif

Burgundy Cambridges; if it's as transformative an experience as I've been reading it is (or can be), I am ready.

Now... to read up on the Mac Method. (tips or tricks outside of Mac would be happily received, however!)

Of course, i'll be scouring the past posts for more info on care... VSC already on hand to greet them; got AE cordo cream for extra measure. I heard they are in good shape, so I am eager to see/feel in person.

Any owners of the Cambridge have thoughts to share on it? Very few reviews on the AE site - wondering if that's a sign.
Congrats! On what is your first but soon to be many pair of shell shoes
biggrin.gif

Great choice, I try not to have any favorites but the Cambridge is one that I will usually go to when I want to step it up a notch.

TaperedGent

Reaction score
So how long does it generally take them to process orders once the sale starts? I've been waiting for that charge to hit my account all day.

DNSamurai

Reaction score
Just got the phone call from Allison at the Maine store confirming my order for the Brown Shell Jeffersons. She said she had them in front of her, they are "beautiful", and she has no idea why they are 2nds.

Now....do I also spring from the burgundy shell Macneils?

One purchase I can maybe justify...but two?

Decisions, decisions......

halfnhalfnhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just want to show the difference between the Russet Brown Krause Boots (size 9) and the 721 LTD Boots (size 8.5) side by side. The Krause is much softer but the shell looks really nice.

I love the color on the shell. It almost looks like a saddle.

Last edited:

Cold Iron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what do you guys think about the new shreveport woven shoe?

I own the New Orleans in walnut (not interested in the shreveport) and I love the fact that the woven part is impervious to creasing after several months of wear.

What do you guys think of the woven styles?
I think for the Shreveport WICaniac is pretty close with his statement.

Great for the Gulf coast, any part of FL, or the Caribbean. Less keen as you move away from there.
As to the other woven shoes I have the Strawfuts and love them. Although I do see them better suited from SC and further South and that is what I purchased them for. Strawfuts > Mn. > month of May = not so much

In the heat of summer (which is for a couple of weeks) they do get worn and I really like them a lot.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So how long does it generally take them to process orders once the sale starts?  I've been waiting for that charge to hit my account all day. 

Usually upon shipment.

Dillardiv

Reaction score

Just got the phone call from Allison at the Maine store confirming my order for the Brown Shell Jeffersons. She said she had them in front of her, they are "beautiful", and she has no idea why they are 2nds. 

Now....do I also spring from the burgundy shell Macneils? 

One purchase I can maybe justify...but two? 

Decisions, decisions......

What size? I had a pair of 10.5D that I sent back.

Indyoshi68

Reaction score
Congrats! On what is your first but soon to be many pair of shell shoes
biggrin.gif

Great choice, I try not to have any favorites but the Cambridge is one that I will usually go to when I want to step it up a notch.
Thanks Cold Iron; but I am hoping (unrealistically, I believe) that I am winding up my 'quality shoe pilgrimage', and hunkering down with my choices for a while.

Sadly (or maybe fortunately), the Cambridge was all that was available (minus a patriot) in my size. I was late in the game to the shell seconds sale. I would've liked a shell boot, too.

Indyoshi68

Reaction score
So how long does it generally take them to process orders once the sale starts? I've been waiting for that charge to hit my account all day.
Called at 9:15am, got confirmation email/charge at 9:45 after SA checked on look of shoe(s) available.

halfnhalfnhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Thanks. I haven't done anything with them yet.

I definitely lucked out with this pair. I had called Vincenzo about seconds. He also had firsts and told me the seconds were too messed up - and then sold me the firsts at the seconds price.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads