• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably start with the 10D. It should be easy to find. Have you tried downloading the AE fit guide and measuring your feet? That's a good place to start.

itsmejson

Reaction score
Probably start with the 10D. It should be easy to find. Have you tried downloading the AE fit guide and measuring your feet? That's a good place to start.

i'm planning to order them from the military exchange
and they charge for return shipping so I want to make
sure i get it right on the first try.
- I was fitted in store today it was saying i was a size 11.

V

vfcghghkv

Got my strands in today, I wore them with a gray suit.
10.5D I wear a 11 in sneakers/athletic running shoes ect.

They will stretch a little after you first wear them.

The only defects I could fine where a two tiny stains in the tongue of the shoe (never will see) and if Im really nit picking 1 slightly crooked stitch.

Anyone know a place locally that sells neutral shoe cream? Nordstroms didn't have any.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lebowski10

Reaction score
Hey all,

Just got my brown Kenilworths in today from an Amazon order. I'm not sure if the coloring is the way they're supposed to be...it looks like there's some streaking of a lighter brown (pic 1) and even a small darker crease (pic 2) in the other shoe. Third pic features a crease on the inside of the upper. Would you return these? They're certainly not terrible for the $211 i got them for on amazon...but after my first pair of AEs (mcallisters from the AE online store) had minor defects...i was hoping for perfection this time around

I apologize for the poor lighting / iphone pics - the discoloration is a bit easier to see in person

Lebowski10

Reaction score

Kenilworths from amazon just came in today - with some minor defects. There's some lighter streaking (pic 1) and a darker crease in the toe (pic 2) and finally a crease on the side (pic 3). Would you keep these or return them? Sorry for the poor quality lighting and iphone pics...the defects are much more noticeable in person

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm planning to order them from the military exchange
and they charge for return shipping so I want to make
sure i get it right on the first try.
- I was fitted in store today it was saying i was a size 11.

11 what? 11C?

Wrenkin

Reaction score

Either your convocation is wayyyy different than mine was or you are going to be massively overdressed. Either way, those shoes should go fine with a gray suit.

Canadian universities, like the rest of the Commonwealth, tend toward English-style open gowns, rather than those garish closed gowns you often see in the States. So you have to wear a suit, or at the very least a tie under which you can tuck your hood.

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Walnut Strands look great with light to medium gray slacks.  Yes, the walnut color and the brogueing make them somewhat informal for a suit, but I do not see why you could not wear them with a medium gray suit.  It will be better than what most of your classmates wear.  Try it out for a day and see how you like it.

Thank you, I actually wore them today with just the slacks and they looked pretty awesome. The only concern I have is that the gown will be black.

Either your convocation is wayyyy different than mine was or you are going to be massively overdressed. Either way, those shoes should go fine with a gray suit.

Sorry but how is wearing a suit and AE shoes overdressed for convocation?

itsmejson

Reaction score
Got my strands in today, I wore them with a gray suit.
10.5D I wear a 11 in sneakers/athletic running shoes ect.
They will stretch a little after you first wear them.
The only defects I could fine where a two tiny stains in the tongue of the shoe (never will see) and if Im really nit picking 1 slightly crooked stitch.

Anyone know a place locally that sells neutral shoe cream? Nordstroms didn't have any.
target sells neutral kiwi.

11 what? 11C?
sorry - 11D, my foot was swimming in it. so we went down to a
10E. I asked rep if a 9.5E would be better but he had me stand up,
pressed ont he ball of the shoes and said that the 10E would be
the smallest he would advise me to go, because my foot would be
too far up in the toe box? not sure what he meant.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you, I actually wore them today with just the slacks and they looked pretty awesome. The only concern I have is that the gown will be black.

Sounds like you just answered your own question if your concern is clashing with your black gown.

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
target sells neutral kiwi.

sorry - 11D, my foot was swimming in it. so we went down to a
10E. I asked rep if a 9.5E would be better but he had me stand up,
pressed ont he ball of the shoes and said that the 10E would be
the smallest he would advise me to go, because my foot would be
too far up in the toe box? not sure what he meant.

Well, if your feet measure an 11, I wouldn't go down below a 10.5. You can try a 10.5D, 11C, or 11.5B. Maybe order an 11C from Nordstrom.com to check the fit. You can return them no problem and dial in the size from there.

scrolls

Reaction score
Sorry but how is wearing a suit and AE shoes overdressed for convocation?

At my university convocation was a freshman assembly essentially. It was on the Saturday before classes started and was a welcoming thing for the new class, the president and several other higher ups gave motivational speeches and other boring crap. Pretty much all the students were dressed very casually. With what Wrenkin said it sounds like convocation refers to graduation in Canada? In that case we're talking about completely different things, carry on!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Wrenkin

Reaction score

At my university convocation was a freshman assembly essentially. It was on the Saturday before classes started and was a welcoming thing for the new class, the president and several other higher ups gave motivational speeches and other boring crap. Pretty much all the students were dressed very casually. With what Wrenkin said it sounds like convocation refers to graduation in Canada? In that case we're talking about completely different things, carry on! 
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif

Convocation is just the formal assembly of a university or other body's members. In Canada it's usually shorthand for the graduation ceremony, where you have many of the members (professors and students) together in one room—at the University of Toronto graduation is even held in Convocation Hall. There are sometimes similar college convocations in the fall where students formally join the college i.e. matriculation. As I recall, during my undergrad there were honorary doctorates awarded at both convocations, and both featured a procession, loud hats, etc. I don't know if I'd bought my student gown by that point, but there were definitely upper years wearing them. Nonetheless, I was probably dressed as you describe.

< /derail >

Last edited:

PopFarmer

Reaction score
Hey guys, first post here. I have been following this thread for several weeks, and excited that I've taken the AE plunge last week. Not just 1, but 2 separate purchases.

First, picked up the Black Strands at Factory store. These will supplement my JM captoes until they wear out and I can get some black Park avenues. (conservative firm where black is 85% dominant)

I then planned to wait for some other Factory 2nd sales for some Biz Casual shoes like Kenwood, Randolph, or Grayson. Then Saturday in my local men's shop, the SA had a 1st quality Randolph in chili my size, and offered to knock $100 off. The Randolph was the exact shoe I wanted for Biz Casual and I couldn't resist. Wore it Sunday and got several compliments. Looks like its not currently offered on website in the Chili color I have (which almost is a Walnut color)...mine is not the Pebbled Chili on website. Maybe its discontinued but I think I'm going to like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads