• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

lachyzee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I had the same issue with my 10.5D. I just put a Scholl's insole inside (from toe to heel) and they fit perfect now. You will fill out the shoe better :slayer:

I'm a bit sick of using insoles to get the right fit in shoes so I sent them back. Bought a very cheap pair of 10.5Bs off ebay to try out, and if they don't work then I'm definitely a 10.5C!

Last edited:

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

would the sale be online as well as in stores??

Good question, my info came from an AE boutique that only sells firsts, so I want to say that it should mirror what will be offered online. I'll ask my SA next time I stop by the store though.

easy_golfing

Reaction score
I also heard from an SA that there will be an after-Thanksgiving sale, but he didn't specify if it was only the day after, or multiple days.

tealsharkie

Reaction score
I got my first pair of AEs the other day and I don't regret it. Picked up the McAllisters in Walnut. I'm glad I went in for a fitting at AE because I probably would have bought the wrong size.

I'm typically at 10.5 in every other shoe I own. Originally the sales person measured me as a 9.5 D, but it felt a bit long and the sides were really pushing against my foot. Went down to a 9 E, and finally a 9EEE before it felt like a glove.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I got my first pair of AEs the other day and I don't regret it.  Picked up the McAllisters in Walnut.  I'm glad I went in for a fitting at AE because I probably would have bought the wrong size. 

I'm typically at 10.5 in every other shoe I own.  Originally the sales person measured me as a 9.5 D, but it felt a bit long and the sides were really pushing against my foot.  Went down to a 9 E, and finally a 9EEE before it felt like a glove.

Enjoy my friend, that's a beautiful shoe.

tealsharkie

Reaction score
Thanks. It's beautiful. I thought I fulfilled my impulse buy desires, but it just makes me want to look for used pairs on eBay of other AE models. I really want the New Orleans.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks.  It's beautiful.  I thought I fulfilled my impulse buy desires, but it just makes me want to look for used pairs on eBay of other AE models.  I really want the New Orleans. 

The woven leather looks great on those. I'm very much smitten by AE shoes as of late myself. My next acquisitions are most likely the Tresana and the Verona :D

HarleyBob

Reaction score

I had the same issue with my 10.5D. I just put a Scholl's insole inside (from toe to heel) and they fit perfect now. You will fill out the shoe better :slayer:

These shoes look like they are on the wrong foot. The right shoe looks like it should be on the left foot and vice-a-verse.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, my SA answered one question that we had, they do not price match with Nordstom during their sales. A shame... The Thanksgiving sale specs have not been released to him yet. I'll post when I have more updates.

lachyzee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

These shoes look like they are on the wrong foot. The right shoe looks like it should be on the left foot and vice-a-verse.

Hah yeah I guess they almost do. I think that illusion is created partly because of the camera angle, and partly because of the crooked cap toe on the right shoe. I assure you that when I tried them on they were on the correct feet...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads