• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

garland

Reaction score
Stumped on these at Nordstrom.
Short wing bluchers called Madison Park. Are these the players 2.0 for Nordstrom?

Sure seems to be the players 2.0 pattern. There were traditional calf, black, walnut, etc, planned for this spring. I wouldn't be surprised if Nordstrom had an "exclusive" shoe made.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I currently own three pairs of them. The Brooks Brothers one in light brown, the Allen Edmonds version in light brown, and dark brown now. Clearly I have a problem.

I also own four pairs of Daltons. Walnut, chocolate, dark chili, and walnut shell.

Oh and some Long Branches in dark brown grain.

I have a boot problem.

Sounds like you're gonna need to track down the chili and oh so rare black versions ;)

polojock615

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK Gents -

Shell cordovan MTOs are back on! The stores are doing a limited run of any shoe in shell cordovan with NO UPCHARGE! Only in black, brown, and burgundy. I ordered mine from South Coast Plaza - a black Strand, brown Cornwallis, and a burgundy Shelton (like Bl@ster). Let the MTOs resume!

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you're gonna need to track down the chili and oh so rare black versions
wink.gif

I found a pair of black ones on ebay but will probably pass. I do like the look for a black boot, but in general I just don't wear much black. The chili ones are nice, might grab some one day but I've got plenty of choices at the moment!

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK Gents -

Shell cordovan MTOs are back on! The stores are doing a limited run of any shoe in shell cordovan with NO UPCHARGE! Only in black, brown, and burgundy. I ordered mine from South Coast Plaza - a black Strand, brown Cornwallis, and a burgundy Shelton (like Bl@ster). Let the MTOs resume!

Wow, awesome news. Any word on welt/edge choices? Is it truly "MTO" or is it just factory specs with shell instead of calf?

garland

Reaction score

harlequin782

Reaction score
E seems very aggressive in pushing the envelope and creating new styles..I'm liking it...I can respect that

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A black strand with one eyelet at the top? Wha?

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
E going all in on the poron insole, huh?

RitchieBro

Reaction score

Sure seems to be the players 2.0 pattern. There were traditional calf, black, walnut, etc, planned for this spring. I wouldn't be surprised if Nordstrom had an "exclusive" shoe made. 

That looks an awful lot like an LGA. Nordstrom calls the Road Warriors they carry by names, not the airport letters.

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Did they intentionally make the back panel out of wrinkled/crappy leather?  Is that some sort of stylistic choice (like the green eyelet for the Bucks' jersey color), or just choosing a poorly made pair to photograph?

Looks like black shark. I think it works have been a more obviously deliberate choice of covered more of the shoe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sistersaucy