• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

rostov

Reaction score
Yes they are and do look great. I really like the Bayfield
CXL, black calf, cappuccino shell

Better view of the Cappuccino shell with indoor lighting so it looks more like brown shell. Well worn, great boot.

A related PSA.. there is a pair of Bayfields in Cappuccino shell on eBay in 11e apparently "worn 3 times" (ping @peppercorn78 )

I thought of snagging them, but I'm going to have to pass. My Daltons in 11e are wearable, but I've hit my limit for "barely fitting" shell. Next pair will have to be wider ;-)

Last edited:

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A related PSA.. there is a pair of Bayfields in Cappuccino shell on eBay in 11e apparently "worn 3 times" (ping @peppercorn78
)

I thought of snagging them, but I'm going to have to pass. My Daltons in 11e are wearable, but I've hit my limit for "barely fitting" shell. Next pair will have to be wider ;-)

Meh, thanks but I'll pass. All set with brown boots.

How are those Dalton's treating you?

Last edited:

rostov

Reaction score
Meh, thanks but I'll pass. All set with brown boots.

How are those Dalton's treating you?

Visually, they're beautiful. Fit-wise, they seem to be fine as long as I wear thin socks and I'm careful putting them on. The upper, being unlined, tends to have leather which folds over and causes some pain on my wider foot if I'm not careful.

Also, they seemed a bit dry when they arrived. I've used a damp cloth and some VSG to cleanup and condition. They feel softer and slightly oilier now, but I feel they should have more of a shine (but as casual shoes, I'm okay having no shine...)

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I just received my Burgundy Cordovan Macneils and was wondering for those of you that have these, is your shade of Burgundy Macneils really dark? The ones I received look almost black.

I included a comparison shot with my Burgundy Cordovan Leeds which seems a shade lighter.

What are your thoughts?

My burgundy shell MacNeils are a lot darker than my Leeds too. I prefer the darker color.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:

Thats a good looking flat welt
wink.gif

Great boots.

lol8[1].gif

branpureza

Reaction score
Does anyone here happen to have the inside scoop as to when the next big sale event will be for the website as well as factory stores?

Thanks in advance.

chrispy650

Reaction score
Really digging the golden chromexcel Rush streets. Have a pair of walnut strands already but these are different enough yeah?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads