• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get a 50% off code for the 2 for $250 deal that is going on? In addition, I sure as hell don't expect there to be any flaws whatsoever on the 2nds. They should be exactly like 1sts. Thanks.
Are you for real or not? 1st you want cordovan for $100 now you want seconds as firsts. There is a reason they are seconds. Pretty annoying either way really, think its time to utilize the block function

HarleyBob

Reaction score
Also, while we are talking about discount codes on the Allen Edmonds stuff, does anyone know where I can get a 50% code for the Sam Hober ties? I really like them but I am sure not willing to pay his ridiculous prices. Thanks.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
Can someone PM me a 8D and or E list for the 2 for $250? Thanks.

HarleyBob

Reaction score

Are you for real or not? 1st you want cordovan for $100 now you want seconds as firsts. There is a reason they are seconds. Pretty annoying either way really, think its time to utilize the block function

I'm sitting here laughing at you guys. Go back through this thread and read about all the guys bitching about not being able to get discounts on MTO's, wanting discount codes to lower their cost even more, or receiving 2nds with slight flaws, and wanting to know if they should send them back. The majority of the guys on this thread are either in LA LA land or are simply cheap bastards. How does one expect Allen Edmonds to stay in business with customers like you guys? For hell sakes, either quit bitching about minor flaws in 2nds, and the lack of discount codes, about not being able to get discounts on MTO's any longer, or step up to the plate and pay full price for your damn shoes.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sitting here laughing at you guys. Go back through this thread and read about all the guys bitching about not being able to get discounts on MTO's, wanting discount codes to lower their cost even more, or receiving 2nds with slight flaws, and wanting to know if they should send them back. The majority of the guys on this thread are either in LA LA land or are simply cheap bastards. How does one expect Allen Edmonds to stay in business with customers like you guys? For hell sakes, either quit bitching about minor flaws in 2nds, and the lack of discount codes, about not being able to get discounts on MTO's any longer, or step up to the plate and pay full price for your damn shoes.

LOL....

I was going to complain about my 100K Mercedes...but someone beat me to it...then I realized I do not drive such inexpensive junk.

"~~I have a 2009 S class with 34,000 miles and I can't wait to get rid of it. The sun roof rattles, the driver door rattles, the Bluetooth microphone is a joke and the Sirius radio antenna has constantly had trouble with reception even after being replaced. To top it off, the driver's seat makes noises every time you turn the corner or go up a hill. For $100k, one should expect a much better car. The S class makes as many noises as my lifted Jeep Wrangler. I don't know what I will get next, but it definitely won't be an S class. In fact, after three Mercedes in a row, there is no way I will spend more money on a Mercedes. They have completely lost my business.

HarleyBob

Reaction score

LOL....

I was going to complain about my 100K Mercedes...but someone beat me to it...then I realized I do not drive such inexpensive junk.

"~~I have a 2009 S class with 34,000 miles and I can't wait to get rid of it. The sun roof rattles, the driver door rattles, the Bluetooth microphone is a joke and the Sirius radio antenna has constantly had trouble with reception even after being replaced. To top it off, the driver's seat makes noises every time you turn the corner or go up a hill. For $100k, one should expect a much better car. The S class makes as many noises as my lifted Jeep Wrangler. I don't know what I will get next, but it definitely won't be an S class. In fact, after three Mercedes in a row, there is no way I will spend more money on a Mercedes. They have completely lost my business.

I'm with you brother on that. When my lease was up on the S550, I was one happy camper. For $100k, you should get much getter quality. I am now driving a Jeep Wrangler and a Jeep Grand Cherokee and for the money I couldn't be happier.

I am just glad that Allen Edmonds is an American company making great shoes for a very fair price. I have over 30 pairs of their shoes. I get a kick out of all the bitching and moaning that goes on in this thread from guys that are "lookin for a deal" and then not happy when they get it.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

He's a troll. Check out his post history. He's angry that people want to take advantage of sales.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm with you brother on that. When my lease was up on the S550, I was one happy camper. For $100k, you should get much getter quality. I am now driving a Jeep Wrangler and a Jeep Grand Cherokee and for the money I couldn't be happier.

I am just glad that Allen Edmonds is an American company making great shoes for a very fair price. I have over 30 pairs of their shoes. I get a kick out of all the bitching and moaning that goes on in this thread from guys that are "lookin for a deal" and then not happy when they get it.

I sold my last car and went back to a used Lexus LS430 simply a joy to drive and no headaches. The new Jeep wrangler is so different than even the ones from a few years ago the new ones drive great. I am a deal shopper myself but never have complained about AE price . My collection has grown to about 25+ pairs or so and look forward to unloading a bunch down the road and getting some MTO's - So many people in this thread have been very helpful to me.

Hey it is a forum...were guys can complain cause lord knows no one gives a crap at home!

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick someone post a picture of their AE shoes before the arguing beings.. QUICK!

PS I drive a civic in winter, feel free to flame on

Last edited:

HarleyBob

Reaction score

He's a troll. Check out his post history. He's angry that people want to take advantage of sales.

Not mad in the least that people want to take advantage of sells. That's the American way, go for it.

What I find incredibly humorous is the people that ***** that they can't get what they want on sale or when they get the sale item, they are not happy to because there is some minor flaw. Good grief, I too take advantage of sales, but I don't ***** about everything little problem or that I can't get exactly what I want.

Stop and think about it, AE products great products for a very fair price even at their full retail prices. Just do me a favor before you want to flame on me, go back through this thread and read it with an objective point of view. Look at all the posts on "poor" AE quality, bitching about "Ican't get this or can't get that for a sale or reduce price." When you look at it from an objective point of view, you can't help but wonder, "what the hell do these people want?"

And if all AE customers were like many of the guys on this thread, AE would be out of business very quickly.

basiameda

Reaction score

Quick someone post a picture of their AE shoes before the arguing beings.. QUICK!

Walnut Cordovan Dalton's after 1.5 years of VERY hard wear. If anyone remembers, they had a tear wear the vamp meets the foot and they've held up quite nicely. Can't say I'm a fan of the leather darkening up but the patina development has been beautiful.

For reference, some pictures during the month I got them.

Last edited:

HarleyBob

Reaction score

Nothing wrong with a civic. They are great cars. I've had a civic and it was one of the best cars I have ever had.

mmmtttt

Reaction score
So for anyone with experience on the 333 last, I know the question has been asked before, but do you size down half a size compared to your 5-last shoes ? thanks

Seems the general consensus is that 333 last is longer, but im not sure its long enough to warrant going down half

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads