• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCer

Reaction score

Interesting coincidence! Out of curiosity, are yours 9.5D? I've noticed there were two of them on ebay in the past few weeks, in 10D and 9.5D. Given I took the first, I presume yours might be the latter. Fwiw, the lotion has nearly completely eliminated the creasing and made the color look even throughout the vamp (I worked it into the leather with my fingers, sort of massaging the vamps). I want to try to use Saphir down the road out to see if it might be even better. 

Sometimes I wish my feet were that size. No, mine are 11.5's. I may hit mine with Saphir too, at least on the vamp.

Pastor

Reaction score

Pastor, are the Patriots the shade of brown that you would get if you ordered the brown shell that you can pick from the site? I love the cappuccino, tho! Looks like MTO here I come! I'll see whats available.

The brown is the shell brown from AE. Like others have said it can really vary in color.

OptoDoc

Reaction score
Anyway, add this story to the numerous other examples of great customer service from Allen Edmonds.

If only more companies would treat their customers with such regard.

The fact that AE actually cares about their consumer and not just about the bottom line is the biggest reason that I choose to spend my money on their product...well that, and the shoes are awesome!

OptoDoc

Reaction score

Which color laces do you gents like better on my Spiaggias?

David Copeland

Reaction score
What does the community think about these gray McTavish? I got them on sale probably 8 months ago now and I think this is only the second time I've worn them. Im still on the fence...
jymypavy.jpg

I would not change a thing about the color of the shoes. I suggest you box them up and take them to a very good department store and lay various color and pattern trousers or jeans along the edge of the shoes and build an idea for a wardrobe which accents the existing color of the shoe. Because the picture shows very dark pants, perhaps lighter colors and patterns that compliment the color hue of the shoes - especially socks.

Cold Iron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brown and dark brown are the same shade for AE, right?
That is correct. I wanted to find a match in color to my made by AE for Wolverine 744's which are listed as mahogany and AE went so far as to actually pay shipping on my pair to the factory and back so they could find out.

She called me back to say that she had talked to everyone from the production manager to finishing and even went out to the shed where they stored the shell and it came back with the same stock code as brown. When I asked about dark brown vs. brown she said it was the same number.

She also said that everyone she showed my boots to wanted to know how I got them so shinny, no one there had every seen a pair of shell with such a high shine. So I told her, one application of Saphir Renovator and a whole lot of brushing using the Mac method.

David Copeland

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I can't believe I beat my main man, Dave Copeland, about the upcoming Labor day 2nds sale. Just got the postcard today. Runs from Aug 22 to Sept 2. Walnut Cliftons for $179
bounce2.gif
. That's one fine shoe. Anyway, here's pix I took of the postcard. I think it's clear enough, but if not I can type out the sale prices. Get ur credit cards ready...

jeNDSJm.jpg

XQvP96G.jpg

You got me!

Maybe because this is a Seconds Sale directly from AE and Outlet Stores. Not sure. But I did just now go to the AE Web site and clicked on LIVE CHAT, and they added me to their post card mailings.

Thanks for the heads up!

David

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
Got these white AE x Freemans Sporting Club McNeils. As you can see in the picture the sole has the JR and Horween Cordovan stamp. I thought maybe, just maybe they'd be shell!!! They're not and the actual shoe has the JR/ Horween stamped sole, too! Deciding on what I should do...They aren't bad looking, but I don't know if I should return or keep or sell
nod[1].gif

OptoDoc

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I also tried orange laces and they looked pretty snazzy as well.

She also said that everyone she showed my boots to wanted to know how I got them so shinny, no one there had every seen a pair of shell with such a high shine. So I told her, one application of Saphir Renovator and a whole lot of brushing using the Mac method.

Look at you, ColdIron! Before long they will fly you over to be the keynote speaker at a Cordovan Conference for their employees.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads