• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That's an interesting comment. The people that love their dogs and cats more than humans, would cry like little bitches if we put their animals to good use.
I love my dogs, not more than humans, but love my dogs. I have often thought that post-mortem their ears would make nice soft coin purses......there said it!

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You did not just say that!!
Wife wouldn't let me, but I once, 20 or so years ago, had a favorite Golden Retriever, who passed away and I wanted to have him taxidermy stuffed in a sleeping position to put in front of the fireplace on a dog bed. She thought that was "creepy". I just wanted to honor him, as he liked sleeping in front of the fireplace.

bluejazzmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wife wouldn't let me, but I once, 20 or so years ago, had a favorite Golden Retriever, who passed away and I wanted to have him taxidermy stuffed in a sleeping position to put in front of the fireplace on a dog bed. She thought that was "creepy". I just wanted to honor him, as he liked sleeping in front of the fireplace.

It would be a little creepy, but I respect it.
My horses are too big to stuff. "Stoney" is a Paint and is a mean bastard. "Hobo" is the Appaloosa that is very intelligent and graceful (like a ballet dancer). "Tibby Lou" is the Thoroughbred that is only good for one thing (nothing).

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It would be a little creepy, but I respect it.
My horses are too big to stuff. "Stoney" is a Paint and is a mean bastard. "Hobo" is the Appaloosa that is very intelligent and graceful (like a ballet dancer). "Tibby Lou" is the Thoroughbred that is only good for one thing (nothing).
I have to admit it, horses scare me....Haven't ever met a dog, even really mean ones, that scare or intimidate me, but horses.......I know they are great, intelligent animals, but **** they are big and scary. maybe it's because when I was a little kid, I was feeding an apple to a horse and it accidentally bit my hand??????

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have to admit it, horses scare me....Haven't ever met a dog, even really mean ones, that scare or intimidate me, but horses.......I know they are great, intelligent animals, but **** they are big and scary. maybe it's because when I was a little kid, I was feeding an apple to a horse and it accidentally bit my hand??????
Reminds me of when my wife and I went to the pyramids of Guachimontones. Teuchitlan, the town closest to the pyramids is one of those towns where horses and cattle are left to roam the entire town. We were walking up a path and 4 horses were standing on the path. My wife was scared, and my first thought was, she is from this area and she is acting like she never saw a horse before. Horse talk must be international because I made the please move click and they moved off the path and let us through.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Reminds me of when my wife and I went to the pyramids of Guachimontones. Teuchitlan, the town closest to the pyramids is one of those towns where horses and cattle are left to roam the entire town. We were walking up a path and 4 horses were standing on the path. My wife was scared, and my first thought was, she is from this area and she is acting like she never saw a horse before. Horse talk must be international because I made the please move click and they moved off the path and let us through.
Horses are smart animals, so they know the "lingo"

bluejazzmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A sixteen to eighteen hand horse can be intimidating. My brother taught me to be stern with them. When Stoney does not get his feed fast enough, he will drag his maxillary incisors down the hood of my truck. He is a mean bastard.

Jimmy R

Reaction score
Hi all! I wasn't originally planning on mentioning anything, but I've gotten a few messages that I had had to let lapse a little longer than you're probably used to, so I wanted to let you guys know I was recently tested positive for Covid. I've been quarantining at home, and I still have access to email but I'm probably going to be out of office for a bit. If you have questions about the trunk show, feel free to email and I'll get back to you as soon as possible, but actual inquiries regarding status of your orders should probably go through a store for now. Feel free to call my store if you didn't work with one.

Wow, get well soon, Ashley!

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A sixteen to eighteen hand horse can be intimidating. My brother taught me to be stern with them. When Stoney does not get his feed fast enough, he will drag his maxillary incisors down the hood of my truck. He is a mean bastard.
Don't know what that means, but sounds intimidating. I have never met a dog I couldn't bond with, but horses...........

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all! I wasn't originally planning on mentioning anything, but I've gotten a few messages that I had had to let lapse a little longer than you're probably used to, so I wanted to let you guys know I was recently tested positive for Covid. I've been quarantining at home, and I still have access to email but I'm probably going to be out of office for a bit. If you have questions about the trunk show, feel free to email and I'll get back to you as soon as possible, but actual inquiries regarding status of your orders should probably go through a store for now. Feel free to call my store if you didn't work with one.
All this shoe stuff amounts to first world problems, what you’re dealing with is REAL. Please, get well soon!!! Take care!

VeritasAequitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads