• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PANJ

Reaction score
Not an Illini, but a Big Ten alumnus/fan for sure. Undergrad and medical school both (although I don’t really count the latter). The sports I played/am a fan of were never really in direct rivalry with Illinois and so I can’t say I have any type of animosity toward them (and you guys represent well).

Appreciate the photos. I am a huge huge Natty CXL fan and was really sad to see Horween change the direction with regards to color. I have always loved the light tone most Natty CXL leather shows initially (I realize many here prefer the patina and darkening more). That said, this more “even overall” shade ain’t bad either. The color reminds me of Grant Stone’s “Dune” color, which is basically Natural CXL with some extra dye or whatever.

Thanks for the photos!
A lot of Big Ten alum on this board! I graduated from the "other" Big Ten school in Illinois. :)

rgo80

Reaction score
Wow... I didn't need these, but... 7.5E is my size and it was my birthday yesterday. They're on the way to me. :)

When I asked the very nice lady on the phone if there was only one shoe in the box, she said no, they're both here and they look fine, and it was a really good price (plus 25% more off!). She speculated that it might be an older style number, and that it may have come from a store that recently closed and sent its inventory over.

Will update when they arrive.

Got these yesterday via FedEx, in a U-Haul truck. <shrug>

The shoes are beautiful and unworn. I think these are probably an overstock first quality shoe. The label on the shoebox has a taped over, but kind of readable "First quality $550 / Factory second $499" on it. The fit is great. I've seen some members say shell cordovan fits a little looser than calf, but that hasn't been my experience. These are snug but not tight, pretty much the same as a new pair of calf. I don't wear black shoes that often, but I'm sure I'll find a way to work these in.

2020-10-11 10.52.13.jpg
2020-10-11 10.55.20.jpg

bluejazzmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This morning, I'm scanning the AE website for one more potential boot purchase. My little purple flower noticed that I was shopping and asked the question. How many pairs of shoes does a man NEED?

PANJ

Reaction score

The shoes are beautiful and unworn. I think these are probably an overstock first quality shoe. The label on the shoebox has a taped over, but kind of readable "First quality $550 / Factory second $499" on it. The fit is great. I've seen some members say shell cordovan fits a little looser than calf, but that hasn't been my experience. These are snug but not tight, pretty much the same as a new pair of calf. I don't wear black shoes that often, but I'm sure I'll find a way to work these in.

View attachment 1475103 View attachment 1475104
Those are beautiful. I love browns and greens but it is nice to be reminded of how simply bad-ass a black shoe can be.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1475103 View attachment 1475104

they look great. I have a pair of black shell Cambridge I got from the eBay for $260 (worn only once before I bought them, but had a half-sole). I almost never wear them, but they are great. I found shell to be less flexible (initially at least), and that can give the feeling of being more loose than calf.

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
they look great. I have a pair of black shell Cambridge I got from the eBay for $260 (worn only once before I bought them, but had a half-sole). I almost never wear them, but they are great. I found shell to be less flexible (initially at least), and that can give the feeling of being more loose than calf.
Could it also be the JR sole? I remember hearing those have a longer break-in period and compared to my double oak soles on my TS Suede Hamiltons, I would say that's pretty accurate. Even my single JR shoes are stiff in comparison.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey guys! Whats your opinion on the New AE sneaker line of the classics like PA or strands?
Has anyone ever seen them in the wild?
View attachment 1475241
I am having my SA see what hidden shell might be in the abyss. If she can’t find anything, then the Shell sneaker is what I am going to get. I finally got a chance to try on a calf version and I can have an insole made that will ensure a good fit.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brother in law's wedding yesterday... I was told not to wear a tie. First wedding I've been to without a tie.

PXL_20201010_213036823.jpg
PXL_20201010_201355073.jpg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey guys! Whats your opinion on the New AE sneaker line of the classics like PA or strands?
Has anyone ever seen them in the wild?
View attachment 1475241
You ask for opinions, my opinion is they are ugly. Oh, my opinion is worth exactly what you paid for it, but it is my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads