• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And on sale from their original $500 listing. :rotflmao:

Honestly, pretty nice boot, but I kind of lost interest in the Odenwald after the Higgins came to dominate the scene.

Doesn't happen very often imo, but in the case of the transition from the Odenwald to the HM, I feel like that was definitely an upgrade to the true definition of the word.

mastakebob

Reaction score
Tan Hammies came in.

Reason #273 to buy more boots in July: they're good protection against DC tiger mosquitos that devour ankle flesh.

@madhat whew, these are pretty close to the AE product pic coloring. Also come well 'antiqued' like I was hoping.

Leather is soft enough to be forgiving to my just-wider-than-65-EEE width feet. Won't need as much packing out as PAs and FAs and Strands need.

IMG_20200708_191642_compress64.jpg

Last edited:

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Walked out about 1.5 miles for some salad. In mourning of my olive weave Strands. So I put some miles on the Dylan. Not a bad shoe for a little stroll. Mostly the rubber meets the road.
5BDF77C4-2139-4E1E-983D-B01D016CF681.jpeg

The salad was worth the sweaty walk. Some old 75 year old Italian men were out today. They were wearing their gold necklaces and bracelets with the pinky rings. How do they still get that cologne they used to attract their wives 50 years ago? Wasn’t sure if my salad or the men smelled like a French whore so I smelled my salad.
9C1DFC25-7759-4FA5-A865-765B7B3AEFBC.jpeg

It was the men.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Looking at what all was on that salad.... probably a combination of the two. ??
That salad was what we all show up for on a Wednesday. That is the day he gets the muscles, clams, squid, Octopus, and the shrimp.

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Walked out about 1.5 miles for some salad. In mourning of my olive weave Strands. So I put some miles on the Dylan. Not a bad shoe for a little stroll. Mostly the rubber meets the road.
The salad was worth the sweaty walk. Some old 75 year old Italian men were out today. They were wearing their gold necklaces and bracelets with the pinky rings. How do they still get that cologne they used to attract their wives 50 years ago? Wasn’t sure if my salad or the men smelled like a French whore so I smelled my salad.

I hate to tell you what just was posted for 30% off buddy.

Damn I love octopus & calamari - gotta get me some of that this weekend.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Today is my I don’t care day. Shoe laces orange? Don’t care. No gray socks? Don’t care. Dude that expresso belt with walnut Strands? Don’t care. The belt is Ostrich.

739EB13B-21EB-4DE3-8D59-49C9CBB72807.jpeg

munchau

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ladyboys today.
BBBEB6EC-C966-4A85-9AC8-5AD5DC11F2DE.jpeg
4DD4650B-ACCC-4BEB-9D51-E8593CEBD200.jpeg

Followers of Spier & Mackay know about this rust fabric. Unfortunately, they don’t have my size, 46L, in most sports coats. Brooks Brothers, however, does, and when this fabric came back in stock in my size I jumped on it for a song. It’s mildly over the top, and I wish I could have gotten the S&M version that features the neo cut to take it even further. I’m happy to settle for the BB version.

A0892AF4-DEA5-4887-A972-02E79E773096.jpeg

Last edited:

dpgaloot

Reaction score
I've posted these before, but they are a favorite. McTavish in dark brown. I have several McTavish pairs from the rough collection about 10 years ago, still some of my favorite AE's ever. Someone mentioned the Black Hills a few days ago, another one I loved I believe from that same collection.

And yes I do own and use shoe trees. Great big ones at that.

McTavish_BRN_25.jpg

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone get the new survey? Lots of new and exciting cemented sneakers & boat shoe options to look forward to.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone get the new survey? Lots of new and exciting cemented sneakers & boat shoe options to look forward to.
Just a Cigar Leeds coming my way. Not like a cement sneaker but I will get by.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads