• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Same here. Unfortunately they don't make a Neumok in B width, but they do make Strandmoks in the same suede colors in B widths. I've got that denim blue Strandmok on my list for this summer. Not entirely sure how I will pair it, but believe it ought to work reasonably well with lighter colored chinos and cotton trousers. Definitely a seasonal shoe.

Looks like Weasels are in for 44 pairs of TS suede as of now. Guess theres no way we hit 100, but 50 ought to be a slam dunk. 65?
Someone mentioned that a B-width could be ordered by an SA.

DawgPound

Reaction score
Yeah, I think I like the Strandmoks better anyway. May have to call Kenard on Monday and order the Denim. That ones going to be hard to sneak into the house though without being noticed. :crackup:
I’m with you and was thinking the same exact thing! Definitely getting harder to get things through spousal customs! :rotflmao:

Last edited:

F38etz

Reaction score
I would have ordered a MacNeil in Loden suede if they'd been able to make my size (6.5 EEE), but it wasn't available during the TS. My adviser at the Michigan Ave store in Chicago tried to get it approved, but it was a no go. It's one of my favorite shoes. I'll continue to enjoy the 3 I have (navy shell, burgundy shell, and tan grain).

The Bradley in burgundy shell in 6.5 EEE is my absolute favorite AE. It fits me perfectly and I like the lighter feel of a single sole as an alternative to the MacNeil and Leeds. I have an older pair in a dark brown suede that are 6.5 EE. I will get them stretched when I lose some weight.

DWH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, but they had served their purpose. Thank being said, I still wanted to find a burgundy shell blucher cap toe to replace it. Along came a chance to order an Alden shoe with those characteristics and no AE version, and that was the trigger to replace it.

View attachment 1342138
Very neat. Which one do you like more?

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I guess they have their reasons and if they like seeing customers move on to other brands, so be it. The Bradley is an awesome shoe and AE can do it right (when they want to) and others can as well. Take the orders, take your time, do it right, and deliver a great product. Sounds simple enough to me. Same goes for the Rogue, MacNeil, First Ave., Fifth Street, etc.
Arm Chair manufacturing and businessing is a lot easier than the real thing.

I personally always thought the Bradley was an odd design. I get it, but I think the stitch toe works better as a boot. That said, I only have 2 Alden NST, plaza is staying (but it'd swap for Indy stich had Matt done it) while TB is going now that I have my snuff Indy.

I am sad to see the Pat go, but it's not the end of the world. I wish AE could be all things to everyone, but it's just not feasible and I'll take what I can get (Hamilton)

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Very neat. Which one do you like more?

The AE is on the 511 last which fit pretty well. The Alden is on the Barrie, which fit really well. I am evenly split on the uppers, but the Alden has a commando sole which is pretty comfortable. Had a shell Fairgate been available I would have been happy with them for sure.

DoubleOldFashioned

Reaction score
Went to the Trunk Show in SF last night. It was a pretty slow overall, but that allowed a lot of time to talk things over with my SA.

Ultimately decided on the following:
  • Burgundy Macneil, Black Dainite
  • Snuff Leeds, Olive Dainite

Wasn't able to customize the welt/edge, but I'm told the Burgundy Mac will come with Reverse in Brown, and the Snuff Leeds with Reverse in Antique. Would have preferred Black on the Mac with matching Dainite, but the Antique on the Leeds is going to be perfect.

It was really hard passing up Loden and Navy, and the FOMO will be strong seeing the Plymouths, Strands, and HMs coming in on this forum, but you can't always have all the things.

No one I talked to that night seemed to be SF members on this thread, but there was one couple that flew in to the City just to do shopping, on a whim. And they just bought some stock Parks, nothing from the TS. I was mystified.
What do you mean you when you say you weren’t able to customize the welt/edge?

cincytri

Reaction score
Arm Chair manufacturing and businessing is a lot easier than the real thing.

I personally always thought the Bradley was an odd design. I get it, but I think the stitch toe works better as a boot. That said, I only have 2 Alden NST, plaza is staying (but it'd swap for Indy stich had Matt done it) while TB is going now that I have my snuff Indy.

I am sad to see the Pat go, but it's not the end of the world. I wish AE could be all things to everyone, but it's just not feasible and I'll take what I can get (Hamilton)
Yup, no doubt about it. I've never made a shoe, or really anything, to sell to someone else and I suppose you are right that its easier to talk about doing things than actually doing them. I'll take my proper admonition, and my occasional discretionary funds, to the retailers who make the stuff I want to buy. Everyone wins I guess?

cincytri

Reaction score
On a positive note, here are my remakes. These are much, much better and this is the kind of work that keeps me coming back for more. I even scored 2 bags?! Karina was really great to work with and if you are ever in need of an SA, I can recommend. I’m definitely picking up more chili as this color works so well in my wardrobe. Chili Rogue anyone?
B77025F1-87FB-4F13-85FA-5A99AAD02784.jpeg
43A5E105-4AEB-42D4-B3B4-BB8B78AE7499.jpeg

Ashley_S

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went to the Trunk Show in SF last night. It was a pretty slow overall, but that allowed a lot of time to talk things over with my SA.

Ultimately decided on the following:
  • Burgundy Macneil, Black Dainite
  • Snuff Leeds, Olive Dainite

Wasn't able to customize the welt/edge, but I'm told the Burgundy Mac will come with Reverse in Brown, and the Snuff Leeds with Reverse in Antique. Would have preferred Black on the Mac with matching Dainite, but the Antique on the Leeds is going to be perfect.

It was really hard passing up Loden and Navy, and the FOMO will be strong seeing the Plymouths, Strands, and HMs coming in on this forum, but you can't always have all the things.

No one I talked to that night seemed to be SF members on this thread, but there was one couple that flew in to the City just to do shopping, on a whim. And they just bought some stock Parks, nothing from the TS. I was mystified.
Hey friend. You are 100% able to pick the color of your welt. If you or your store need any assistance, I'm here for you both!

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yup, no doubt about it. I've never made a shoe, or really anything, to sell to someone else and I suppose you are right that its easier to talk about doing things than actually doing them. I'll take my proper admonition, and my occasional discretionary funds, to the retailers who make the stuff I want to buy. Everyone wins I guess?
Yup. I'd love it if my wants were solely filled by AE, but I'm glad at least half my collection is. 45 AE, 18 Alden, dozen by Carmina, Rancourt, J Fitzpatrick, C&J, J&M, GS, Hanover, Florsheim

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On a positive note, here are my remakes. These are much, much better and this is the kind of work that keeps me coming back for more. I even scored 2 bags?! Karina was really great to work with and if you are ever in need of an SA, I can recommend. I’m definitely picking up more chili as this color works so well in my wardrobe. Chili Rogue anyone? View attachment 1342318 View attachment 1342319

They look great! Chili Rogue would be an insta-buy for me.

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’m with you and was thinking the same exact thing! Definitely getting harder to get things through spousal customs! :rotflmao:

ship to AE store (or your office) FTW

Yup. I'd love it if my wants were solely filled by AE, but I'm glad at least half my collection is. 45 AE, 18 Alden, dozen by Carmina, Rancourt, J Fitzpatrick, C&J, J&M, GS, Hanover, Florsheim

This is what is painful for the narrow width guys. Unless I'm mistaken (someone please tell me I'm mistaken) only AE, Alden and Rancourt are available to us

I see shoes by Carmina, Meermin C&J etc that I want but its all forbidden fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads