• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2020 - News, Pictures, Clothing, Accessories, etc.

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Decided to change shoes for a dental visit. This is the new waiting room.
C3E89CBA-2398-4170-B260-3A68AEA06ECA.jpeg

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there much of a difference between Mahogany and Cigar?
276D7C99-5E4C-4839-A5A6-1A509E8D0FC3.jpeg

Kevin24

Reaction score
Good Afternoon,

I bought these Cheaney Hudson Loafers in Mocha the other week. The problem is that I do not have a belt that matches it closely (including my existing AE basic belt in Brown)

Would coffee possibly work?

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good Afternoon,

I bought these Cheaney Hudson Loafers in Mocha the other week. The problem is that I do not have a belt that matches it closely (including my existing AE basic belt in Brown)

Would coffee possibly work?
Coffee is pretty light compared to that Mocha shoe. But what do I know. I would use any belt that was mid brown or darker. Just happen to be wearing coffee belt with Mahogany shoes. I usually do not take my belt off unless you have D cups.
37E0BCB4-5A7F-4DFD-8D2F-A7FEEAF34D30.jpeg

CMR16

Reaction score
In case anyone is wondering, the knob trees do fit a little larger / tighter than the standard trees. They are better for shoes like the Carlyle where you want to try to fill up the toe area to remove creases.
Yeah I noticed that myself. However, I do enjoy the look of the knob over the standard tree.

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Once again struggled to get those floppy tongued fools, the grey suede Strandmok 2.0's on this morning. It was a little easier today since I wore very thin socks.

IMG_4374.jpeg

For fans of "A-E In The Wild" pictures, a picture including a pair of very thin Golf Knickers argyle socks and a lion.

IMG_4368.jpeg

For fans of hand sanitizer gel pictures in shoe threads, the bottle of Diehl Marcus & Company Citron Hand Sanitizer Gel I order two days ago arrived today.

IMG_4377.jpeg

There is a St. George shield on the bottle which means if St. George was still alive he would approve of this product.

While on the subject of things that would happen if St. George was still alive, if St. George was still alive PETA people would protest in front of St. George's castle because there is a way to save a virgin from being eaten by a virgin-eating dragon without killing the dragon.

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FYI for those interested, I just posted a few pairs to the Buy & Sell section: natural shell Leeds (9EEE), natural CXL HMs (9EEE) and brown shell HMs (9.5E)

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I noticed that myself. However, I do enjoy the look of the knob over the standard tree.
There's definitely benefits in having some trees fit a little larger. Some of my shoes are larger and the usual trees I buy are a little too small. Other times, larger trees can help keep a shoe stretched out to a small degree. I also like that the knob trees have more wood in the waist. This is the only flaw with the original trees, in that the middle portion doesn't really have the tree there. There are far more expensive tree options out there that solve this problem, but I refuse to spend $80 on a pair of shoe trees.

Kevin24

Reaction score
Coffee is pretty light compared to that Mocha shoe. But what do I know. I would use any belt that was mid brown or darker. Just happen to be wearing coffee belt with Mahogany shoes. I usually do not take my belt off unless you have D cups.
View attachment 1393318

Here is a pic of the loafers in question. It's hard to tell if a coffee belt would work or not.

It might be in the no man's land between not dark enough to be a classic AE brown but not light enough to be coffee. Sucks I can't go in-store and compare.

IMG_1657.jpg

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.