• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is there much of a difference between Mahogany and Cigar?
276D7C99-5E4C-4839-A5A6-1A509E8D0FC3.jpeg

Kevin24

Reaction score
Good Afternoon,

I bought these Cheaney Hudson Loafers in Mocha the other week. The problem is that I do not have a belt that matches it closely (including my existing AE basic belt in Brown)

Would coffee possibly work?

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Good Afternoon,

I bought these Cheaney Hudson Loafers in Mocha the other week. The problem is that I do not have a belt that matches it closely (including my existing AE basic belt in Brown)

Would coffee possibly work?
Coffee is pretty light compared to that Mocha shoe. But what do I know. I would use any belt that was mid brown or darker. Just happen to be wearing coffee belt with Mahogany shoes. I usually do not take my belt off unless you have D cups.
37E0BCB4-5A7F-4DFD-8D2F-A7FEEAF34D30.jpeg

CMR16

Reaction score
In case anyone is wondering, the knob trees do fit a little larger / tighter than the standard trees. They are better for shoes like the Carlyle where you want to try to fill up the toe area to remove creases.
Yeah I noticed that myself. However, I do enjoy the look of the knob over the standard tree.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Once again struggled to get those floppy tongued fools, the grey suede Strandmok 2.0's on this morning. It was a little easier today since I wore very thin socks.

IMG_4374.jpeg

For fans of "A-E In The Wild" pictures, a picture including a pair of very thin Golf Knickers argyle socks and a lion.

IMG_4368.jpeg

For fans of hand sanitizer gel pictures in shoe threads, the bottle of Diehl Marcus & Company Citron Hand Sanitizer Gel I order two days ago arrived today.

IMG_4377.jpeg

There is a St. George shield on the bottle which means if St. George was still alive he would approve of this product.

While on the subject of things that would happen if St. George was still alive, if St. George was still alive PETA people would protest in front of St. George's castle because there is a way to save a virgin from being eaten by a virgin-eating dragon without killing the dragon.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I noticed that myself. However, I do enjoy the look of the knob over the standard tree.

There's definitely benefits in having some trees fit a little larger. Some of my shoes are larger and the usual trees I buy are a little too small. Other times, larger trees can help keep a shoe stretched out to a small degree. I also like that the knob trees have more wood in the waist. This is the only flaw with the original trees, in that the middle portion doesn't really have the tree there. There are far more expensive tree options out there that solve this problem, but I refuse to spend $80 on a pair of shoe trees.

Kevin24

Reaction score
Coffee is pretty light compared to that Mocha shoe. But what do I know. I would use any belt that was mid brown or darker. Just happen to be wearing coffee belt with Mahogany shoes. I usually do not take my belt off unless you have D cups.
View attachment 1393318

Here is a pic of the loafers in question. It's hard to tell if a coffee belt would work or not.

It might be in the no man's land between not dark enough to be a classic AE brown but not light enough to be coffee. Sucks I can't go in-store and compare.

IMG_1657.jpg

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Here is a pic of the loafers in question. It's hard to tell if a coffee belt would work or not.

It might be in the no man's land between not dark enough to be a classic AE brown but not light enough to be coffee. Sucks I can't go in-store and compare.

View attachment 1393424
Brown Shell belt solves the problem. Cause Shell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads