• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lemmy127

Reaction score

giphy.gif

Lmrjfud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those who question the delivery speed of AE products, I submit the following:
The harrowing tale of a case of shotshells, ordered on Dec. 2nd, for a competition last weekend.
They say they will arrive today.
They started in Zelienople, PA.
FedEx blamed it on high seasonal volume. I think a drunk coed with a boyfriend in Georgia got ahold of them...
shotshelltrail.jpg

Remington Cashmere

Reaction score
For those who question the delivery speed of AE products, I submit the following:
The harrowing tale of a case of shotshells, ordered on Dec. 2nd, for a competition last weekend.
They say they will arrive today.
They started in Zelienople, PA.
FedEx blamed it on high seasonal volume. I think a drunk coed with a boyfriend in Georgia got ahold of them...
View attachment 1296981

I despise fedex I wish Allen Edmonds would get a better carrier. I hate to admit this but the government can deliver packages better than fedex

Kevin24

Reaction score
Good Morning,

I just bought a pair of Wooster Streets in my exact size, which is an 11D.

Did I pick the most accurate size for a loafer? I hear many loafer brands will stretch away from your actual size over time, and it's often appropriate to size down for them.

However, I have a pair of the Cavanaugh's I bought a few years ago in an 11D that sill fit fine. Also, I figure that it's possible that any stretching would be negated by the combination of the cork bed lining with the 64 last (Wooster is built on the same last as Park, Ave, Strand etc).

Am I right here? Or should I have sized down a half or 1? (I got them from the shoe bank so I don't look forward to paying the $25 restocking fee lol)

ptfly

Reaction score
Anybody get a drop of MDxAE supposed to shop 12/6? Mine has no shipping info still
Just got notification that mine are shipping. Few days after the promised date but my last ones shipped a little early.

lemmy127

Reaction score
I despise fedex I wish Allen Edmonds would get a better carrier. I hate to admit this but the government can deliver packages better than fedex

For all the incompetence stories people seem to have for USPS, I've literally never had a problem with them and they've always delivered on time for me. Meanwhile, Fedex is an integral part of the most frustrating ecommerce experience I've ever had.

I will never order something from END again and will also pick a carrier other than Fedex when I get the chance due to this... I ordered three sweaters on END and END's checkout process overrode the shipping address I had typed in and shipped it to my saved address on the account, my old apartment on the other side of town, instead. I immediately contacted END when I saw it on the order confirmation email. They said it couldn't be fixed and to get in contact with Fedex when it ships. The moment I got the shipping notification from Fedex, I put in a delivery hold for it to be held at a Walgreens near me. First, Fedex attempted to deliver to my old apartment two days in a row before finally delivering it to the Walgreens on the third day. I showed up at Walgreens to pick it up the next morning, and I'm told it's not there. Turns out Fedex had picked it back up four hours after dropping it off at Walgreens, and it was now out for delivery to my old apartment again. This time it was signed for by the guy that lives there now, so it was successfully delivered in Fedex's mind, and both END and Fedex washed their hands of the problem. I finally got my package after taping a note on the door at my old place and the guy and I worked out a time for me to pick it up. I know it was just shouting into the void, but I wrote a lengthy complaint to Fedex on their website. Did I mention that my son had been born the week before all of this happened?

TL,DR: Fedex can go to hell.

Last edited:

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good Morning,

I just bought a pair of Wooster Streets in my exact size, which is an 11D.

Did I pick the most accurate size for a loafer? I hear many loafer brands will stretch away from your actual size over time, and it's often appropriate to size down for them.

However, I have a pair of the Cavanaugh's I bought a few years ago in an 11D that sill fit fine. Also, I figure that it's possible that any stretching would be negated by the combination of the cork bed lining with the 64 last (Wooster is built on the same last as Park, Ave, Strand etc).

Am I right here? Or should I have sized down a half or 1? (I got them from the shoe bank so I don't look forward to paying the $25 restocking fee lol)

Have not tried the Wooster but if the Cavanaugh really is absolutely comfortable in an 11D I would have started with a 10.5D on the wooster. No restock for an exchange, just a return.

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Kevin24

Reaction score
Have not tried the Wooster but if the Cavanaugh really is absolutely comfortable in an 11D I would have started with a 10.5D on the wooster. No restock for an exchange, just a return.

I mean they generally fit fine right now there is a little movement or rolling in ether foot in the 11D. I am just worried about 6 months from now.

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seems our hobby has real world benefits.

Facts are facts, AEAT's Filthy Barn Weasels are really wise investors in style. @LA Guy

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They all suck. I regularly get late deliveries from USPS and UPS. Other freight carriers I think try to see how many things they can damage in a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads