• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crownsville?

Yep MD Rennfest, we go every year. Met a lady that came all the way from Connecticut for it (probably among other things). I just wished they started a bit later so it could go into November; we like to go when it's cooler. If I was just going in shorts and a t-shirt it would be fine in early September but not in a full getup.

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1259916
View attachment 1259919

Greetings, fellow enthusiasts. This is my Monday this week. Some rain in the forecast, so what better reason to bust out the Strandmoks. Is it legit to call these OG Strandmoks? I think so. PRL chinos, Lands’ End OCBD, Bresciani linen socks (because they match), AE Central Ave belt plus the aforementioned Strandmoks.

One note on these socks. I have been loving them all summer but they still really don’t get worn that much. Maybe every two weeks. Well last time I wore my pair in this color, my finger goes right through the elasticized band at the top when I was pulling them up toward the end of the day. Unfortunately they don’t stay up so great. So, needless to say I was pretty disappointed about my $35 socks now being ruined. Contacting Bresciani didn’t do me a lot of good. They directed me to the retailer from which I purchased the socks. So, I followed the advice. The retailer stood by their products and sent me out a replacement pair. This is that pair. Anyway, I can recommend the place that I bought these from at least for their service. It’s luxuryclothing.com but they also have two other names from what I can tell. The socks themselves are now on probation.
Recently read one of the sock threads here where the OP asked for comparisons among various makers. What appeared to be a common theme among them was that their Brescianis did not last long.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Several? US, UK, Belgium, Germany, Czechia, Rumania....
Here it is the latter. In the UK the former. In the other countries you are on your own.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally caught up on the thread from the past few days. Wore some AE's but didn't snap any pics. Finally made it to the local Renn Faire and while it only called for a 5% chance of rain we got dumped on in the late afternoon. This is why I wear beaters. I had pulled out my 25 year old skechers but I felt they had just earned their final rest (was worried they would split by how the leather looked) so I pulled out what a year or two ago were my go to everyday shoes. These are about 8-9 years old now and I should easily get that much more with how limited they are worn.
View attachment 1259934

View attachment 1259935

By far my most comfortable pair of shoes that are not sneakers.

There's a fine bootmaker right over by the White Heart (where we libationalize)....getchasum! :hide:

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep MD Rennfest, we go every year. Met a lady that came all the way from Connecticut for it (probably among other things). I just wished they started a bit later so it could go into November; we like to go when it's cooler. If I was just going in shorts and a t-shirt it would be fine in early September but not in a full getup.
I went a few weeks ago--wore my Stirling.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll eventually go that route, do they hold up well? GYW? :D

Cant speak to welted but ive had mine since 2008. All i do is brush em and hit with a little meltonian cream once a year. They still look lile i got em last year.

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recently read one of the sock threads here where the OP asked for comparisons among various makers. What appeared to be a common theme among them was that their Brescianis did not last long.
?

Did that go for all materials or just linen? I have one 80% merino pair so far was thinking of more.

Now that I think about it, the first time I probably heard of Bresciani socks was that Alexa super bowl commercial a couple few years ago when Alec Baldwin got a hole in his sock after a night of partying and ordered new ones using Alexa. Should have seen this coming.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found out yesterday that my bourbon Strands haven't even begun production yet. It's gonna be a while, but hey, at least it's not Alden.

Trying to continue breaking in these.

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, shame me if you will for being way late to the game, but I have finally tried on a pair of AE (Strands, for the record). Fit was great...I only had one question. There was a ridge running under my forefoot (running longways on the shoe...not the instep). Salesman said this was the cork and would be squished down as I wore the shoe...is this correct? It wasn't uncomfortable, per se, but it was definitely noticeable.

Thanks in advance.
I've never felt any ridge.

Did you try on a different pair to see if you felt the same thing to check that it was not something peculiar with the specific shoes you tried?

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've never felt any ridge.

Did you try on a different pair to see if you felt the same thing to check that it was not something peculiar with the specific shoes you tried?

That probably would have been a smart move, but no I didn't. Will certainly do that before I buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads