• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which version of the nomads? New or old?

I do believe it's old. I'll PM you photos.

You don't want a flat welt on these. :D

Just order with a credit card, but no, AE can't really help you on this one.

Hmmm if you say so!! I'm seriously considering it. The sand and snuff are sweet.....

How did they incorporate all 3 styles into one?

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sounds good. I've sat on the sidelines for a while and will probably end up pulling the trigger.
I do believe it's old. I'll PM you photos.

Hmmm if you say so!! I'm seriously considering it. The sand and snuff are sweet.....

How did they incorporate all 3 styles into one?
Some inspiration. 20190507_123112.jpg
Dang. I thought I had some father/son chukka pics too. The MD chukka pattern is more like the Alden pattern than the Dundee.
20190507_123112.jpg
20190421_110733.jpg
20190105_165321.jpg
20181219_080213.jpg

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some inspiration. View attachment 1243827
Dang. I thought I had some father/son chukka pics too. The MD chukka pattern is more like the Alden pattern than the Dundee.
View attachment 1243827 View attachment 1243828 View attachment 1243830 View attachment 1243831

I prefer the Alden pattern to the Dundee, which is good. Ugh those are too good :)

Are the middle two photos the snuff color (ie the same shade of suede)?

ADD: Snuff and chocolate look SO similar... Chocolate being a bit darker, I guess.

Last edited:

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're $250. Amazing price for an excellent shoe. They've been called leather slippers. Definitely grab a pair if you can. You will not be disappointed with them as a travel shoe or even for banging around town. I prefer the pattern to the Dundee myself, plus unlined suede and single butyl sole! These always end up looking sleeker than the Dundee as well, despite being on the same last.
They look flattish. Is there any supportive insole? Thanks.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
All this talk of navy shell . . . and herewith the humble knockoff calf version that AE kindly clearanced for us uncertain navy-curious types:

View attachment 1243786

I have a pair of clearance navy calf strands sitting in a box unworn and am considering the navy shell strands as well. This shoe game is a sickness

Last edited:

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Lovely I tell you. I tried to see if they had more Mojave and it looks like they're clean out of them.

Welp that does it! :) You weasel!

I've already signed my name on the dotted line. Ended up getting $20 off my first order.... Very nice.

@madhat You sir are a filthy, filthy weasel.

How did no one put me on the spreadsheet??

Persona non grata??? ;)

WNovizar

Reaction score
How did no one put me on the spreadsheet??
Because There is a chance for that sixth pair.

Also supporting the echo Chamber of MDxAE Chukka, insanely low price for that shoe. It competes with Alden Unlined Chukka but way sleeker last than Barrie

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I prefer the Alden pattern to the Dundee, which is good. Ugh those are too good :)

Are the middle two photos the snuff color (ie the same shade of suede)?

ADD: Snuff and chocolate look SO similar... Chocolate being a bit darker, I guess.
Snuff in different lights - the chocolate is a lot darker.
They look flattish. Is there any supportive insole? Thanks.
They're nearly unstructured. They have the same leather insole that you'd find on typical AE. No less supportive than a PA in my book. A bit more flexible being butyl soles.
It looks like the Mojave is the same type of chukka, is this right?
Basically. Mojave was different last I believe; the 801 or whatever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads