• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Prince Of Wales wearing suede shoes with a grey worsted windowpane suit on Christmas Day 2018.
And it looks darn good as well, the fashion "rules" are made to be broken and the Price of Wales is doing a rather good job of it. Now, I wonder if his suit/topcoat/suede footwear is all of UK origin?

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here is what I did:

(1) Order a suit from Oliver Wicks based on measurements of myself
(2) Receive the suit and see how it fits (they nailed the pants, but jacket needed a slight adjustment and vest needed a slight adjustment)
(3) Submit receipt to Oliver Wicks for up to $125 per suit for alterations.
(4) Take measurements to Luxire and have them make some chinos
(5) Receive chinos and see the fit. (Good fit, needed some minor adjustments to change style)
(6) Ordered adjusted chinos and selvedge jeans from Luxire (waiting for those now)

BTW, these are the first Luxire pants I have now. They were a bit baggier than I wanted, but that was based on my suit measurements. I am having selvedge jeans and washable wools made now with a much more tapered look:

https://www.styleforum.net/threads/...-accessories-etc.641227/page-149#post-9613247

That sounds like a great idea thanks. I haven't gotten around to stomaching the cost of custom pants, but I have done so with my shirts. I need to step up my game :)

Spier will be dropping their S/S gear in a couple months - might try to grab a pair of them as a test.

S/S gear?

The Prince Of Wales wearing suede shoes with a grey worsted windowpane suit on Christmas Day 2018.

View attachment 1107476

Wearing non-A-E shoes (Bean Boots) on a rainy day in Los Angeles.

View attachment 1107477

Excellent outfit! Both you and the Prince.

Love Bean Boots... Highly regarded and well made (in USA as well). Those look fairly old, are they actually "Maine Hunting Shoes"? They must be the 6'' version?

And it looks darn good as well, the fashion "rules" are made to be broken and the Price of Wales is doing a rather good job of it. Now, I wonder if his suit/topcoat/suede footwear is all of UK origin?

Knowing the Prince, they're probably UK made and 60 years old. He is known to have clothes/shoes for decades and I believe in at least one instance he wore his father's suits/clothing.

Always a dapper gent!

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That sounds like a great idea thanks. I haven't gotten around to stomaching the cost of custom pants, but I have done so with my shirts. I need to step up my game :)

Luxire has some pricey pants, but they also have cheaper stuff. I buy my shirts through Proper Cloth for between $85 an $200 each. Luxire has some good pants for $99 to $149, so I don't see it as being a big deal. I mean, how many pairs do you really need?

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

S/S gear?

Excellent outfit! Both you and the Prince.

Love Bean Boots... Highly regarded and well made (in USA as well). Those look fairly old, are they actually "Maine Hunting Shoes"? They must be the 6'' version?

Knowing the Prince, they're probably UK made and 60 years old. He is known to have clothes/shoes for decades and I believe in at least one instance he wore his father's suits/clothing.

Always a dapper gent!
Spring/Summer. They do seasonal drops with some restocks in between

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You know, I have no grain leather shoes in my entire collection, but you selling these like that actually makes me want these. They did a great job with this style. Like your socks too -- very nice.
He's the Ambassador of Bloor St.

That's a Harry Rosen model - if it wasn't in the mainstream AE lineup, I don't know why, and I'm still kicking myself for not grabbing a pair from Ashley when I had the chance (although I'm still not sure where I'd put them - I'd sure as hell be wearing them though).

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Lobster! I think the grain works very well with texture - either in the fabric or pattern.

Did someone say grain?

IMG_1903 - Copy.JPG

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1107318
View attachment 1107319
Greetings, fellow enthusiasts. Another extremely January day today. High, grey skies. Twenties (which I’ll admit is pretty nice for January). A sort of dampness in the air. Therefore J Crew garment-dyed MiUSA 770 denim and fair isle lamsbwool sweater, AE basic af dress belt and brown country grain First Aves with the laces from my HMs. I like the look of the laces.
great boots and sweater!

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Luxire has some pricey pants, but they also have cheaper stuff. I buy my shirts through Proper Cloth for between $85 an $200 each. Luxire has some good pants for $99 to $149, so I don't see it as being a big deal. I mean, how many pairs do you really need?

Not sure how many pairs I need, but want is the hard question :)

I’ve been meaning to ask, where do you get your button down shirts? Nice old school collar rolls on them.

Thank you so much!

I fancy myself as a much poorer Cary Grant or Jimmy Stewart, but I do have the same body type. :bigstar: All of my shirts are from Brooks Brothers MTM shirt collection; with the exception of one or two every few weeks that are not.

The only shirts I own are button down collars, and when done right I think it looks completely proper in any setting except a black tie event where outfits are bordering tuxedos.

Some of them are the now defunct "Cambridge" collar (slightly longer than the average collar) and gave a wonderful roll. I begged for them to come back but they haven't. The other collars are their new style, which is only 1/8'' shorter, but you have the option to get the collars unlined. Highly recommend if one is after that classic William F Buckley roll. A Four in Hand knot for ties is a must for a nice roll. When worn tie less the look is superb, in my opinion, as well!

Spring/Summer. They do seasonal drops with some restocks in between

I'll check it out!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads