• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Beautiful! so you got the Natch edge on the Leeds, and brown on the Cornwallis.
Are your other two still in transit?

Navy shell Cornwallis and Brown HM still in transit. I ordered the HM on commando and all three shoes w/natural edge so I am genuinely curious about whether my navy shell cornwallis will have a natural edge or not.

When I spoke to Ashley earlier in the week she indicated that only 2 of my shoes had been processed in the system with a natural edge request so I am very hopeful that the navy shell will have the natural edge. That would put me over the moon

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered 3 pair with natural edge and HM on commando. After getting the message yesterday that I wouldn't get natural edge I was disappointed but okay with it. Here is what arrived

View attachment 1144117

View attachment 1144118

View attachment 1144119

View attachment 1144120

Leeds have natural edge and Cornwallis don't. It's the one thing I never expected. Now I'm holding out hope that my Navy Cornwallis also have the natural edge I ordered.

Excellent! Hopefully may give them confidence that these are options that can be managed effectively. I wanted natural edge on multiple items but was assured it was not an option. I am too thrilled to be sad, still glad to see you got what you asked for, and the green Dragons came too.
Err Daltons.

EZBeing teased by Fed Ex, but if feels like a big second round of deliveries. I am not done but now can be much more patient. *Green + Burg Mills still coming.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Navy shell Cornwallis and Brown HM still in transit. I ordered the HM on commando and all three shoes w/natural edge so there is genuine curiosity about whether my navy shell cornwallis will have a natural edge or not.

When I spoke to Ashley earlier in the week she indicated that only 2 of my shoes had been processed in the system with a natural edge request so I am very hopeful that the navy shell will have the natural edge
fingers crossed for you.
I've got a navy cornwallis coming, also. And that will wrap it up for me.

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice stuff, weasels.

Not shell, but:
84D8C745-DA65-4BF6-BA0A-3330341C6BAC.jpeg

AJ1

Reaction score
Same size..the TS version definitely feels heftier. The burgundy pair are firsts and were purchased as brown right before the TS, I don't know what happened but ended up with burgundy. I liked them a lot so ended up keeping them. Wasn't aware the sole on the TS version would be different, not in a bad way but just surprised.

Or the regular shell strands sit lower. Wait, burgundy is not regular. Are they seconds? Looks like two different sizes! Double JR??

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Same size..the TS version definitely feels heftier. The burgundy pair are firsts and were purchased as brown right before the TS, I don't know what happened but ended up with burgundy. I liked them a lot so ended up keeping them. Wasn't aware the sole on the TS version would be different, not in a bad way but just surprised.
Wow you ordered brown and got burgundy before the TS?? I would’ve kept them too lol. But is your TS Strand on a double sole?

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
And so ends another day of watching people get their TS shoes in. Meanwhile, our AE overlords have not even tossed me a bone to say they will be shipping soon. :brick:

So, like the lonely, desperate shoe addict that I am, I continue to prowl Ebay looking for something to fill that empty hole in my psyche that needs bourbon shell. Finding some relatively vintage pebble PTBs in my size was sufficient to stop me from succumbing to complete despair.....For today.

IMG_0733.jpg

Last edited:

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone else notice this? TS heel sits slightly higher than regular shell strands.

View attachment 1144129
Your regular Strand is balanced better. The back of the heel on the TS is off the table. Happens when heel stacks do not match sole height. This could happen if the TS JR sole was a 10/11 instead of a 8/9 thickness. You can order JR soles in different irons. AE probably has a standard sole heel stack and a double sole heel stack. So the heel would be slightly out of balance.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
44A58BA8-9861-44D3-8A81-260796D19CD5.jpeg
I am a little itchy for Spring and also yearn for my Bourbon Dundee. So I pulled out my Bourbon Randolph to satisfy both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads