• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep I agree completely!! They are gorgeous. Almost like a First Avenue boot with brogueing... I don't have any Rancourt yet but I know I need some.

Your model actually looks like it's GYW rather than Blake stitch.

"Stock" suede Patriots were made for Club Monaco. I have both (I think the only) colorways in navy suede and tan suede. One of the most underrated shoes made and it just knocks it out of the park. Dovetail heel as well.

Got them last year for $99 apiece. No brainer to buy at that price.
Suede Patriot @lemmy127 @inTROYspection

4DD0B1C3-F1FB-460B-89DC-3E9AC2CF4598.jpeg
30E88675-8DEF-474B-8E48-3CC72BACF265.jpeg
90FE0974-BAE8-48AF-A3B8-FC4998C28DCE.jpeg

inTROYspection

Reaction score
To further answer, I've only been into shoes for about 6-7 years, but I'm not aware of a time when they made stock Patriots in suede. They did make McGraws in suede though, so that's pretty close from a design aspect despite the different last.
Yep I agree completely!! They are gorgeous. Almost like a First Avenue boot with brogueing... I don't have any Rancourt yet but I know I need some.

Your model actually looks like it's GYW rather than Blake stitch.

"Stock" suede Patriots were made for Club Monaco. I have both (I think the only) colorways in navy suede and tan suede. One of the most underrated shoes made and it just knocks it out of the park. Dovetail heel as well.

Got them last year for $99 apiece. No brainer to buy at that price.

Pretty sure the also came in a brown suede, no?

https://www.nordstromrack.com/shop/...monds-patriot-penny-loafer?color=BROGUE SUEDE

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

dpgaloot

Reaction score
Happy Tuesday forum friends!

Maiden run of my Navy HMs from TS 19.2. Couldn't be happier with all my new shell HMs. These are on commando, which I do find more comfortable than my other Dainite ones. At 6'6" I don't really need the extra half inch....

HM_Navy_25.jpg

lemmy127

Reaction score
Club Monacos were all D width as I recall.
AE offers the Pat in those two suede colors in the next Trunker, in a regular run of widths, I'd buy one of each

edit: not holding my breath for that. AE seems to decided to offer one penny, the Randolph, in a full run of widths.
Maybe I can find a Randolph that works for me (A width or bust)

I'd go for a snuff suede.

If that's the case, it's frustrating because, IMO, there's a world of difference in the look and formality of a full strap penny from other penny loafers. I'd happily wear a half strap, pinch, or beefroll with shorts, jeans, or unpressed chinos. But the most casual I'd go with a Randolph is a sport coat/blazer, OCBD, and creased chinos.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There was a brogue suede version out there too. I don't remember when it was made though.

Wasn't aware of that! It's a great shoe.

That looks like a regular AE run, but obviously it came in that color!

AE offers the Pat in those two suede colors in the next Trunker, in a regular run of widths, I'd buy one of each

edit: not holding my breath for that. AE seems to decided to offer one penny, the Randolph, in a full run of widths.

Yes, Club Monaco was all D width!

Patriot in suede is literally my go to summer shoe. So comfortable, it's basically all I wear with dress shorts when it's warm. I wish I had it in brown or even olive, too.

It's a shame because the Patriot is so versatile; a full strap in suede just wouldn't have that casual feel to it :'(

Happy Tuesday forum friends!

Maiden run of my Navy HMs from TS 19.2. Couldn't be happier with all my new shell HMs. These are on commando, which I do find more comfortable than my other Dainite ones. At 6'6" I don't really need the extra half inch....

View attachment 1296606

Nice to see some other tall guys around here! I know @mreams99 & @BagleyBrown are in the club, too.

I'd go for a snuff suede.

If that's the case, it's frustrating because, IMO, there's a world of difference in the look and formality of a full strap penny from other penny loafers. I'd happily wear a half strap, pinch, or beefroll with shorts, jeans, or unpressed chinos. But the most casual I'd go with a Randolph is a sport coat/blazer, OCBD, and creased chinos.

Bingo. Beat me by a second on that post.

I wear my full straps without a jacket (wool or khaki slacks) and I think it looks just fine. Wouldn't wear them with jeans though... Over on the Alden thread I've seen a few guys wear the color 8 full straps sockless in the summer...

Joe Schmoe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone else waiting on a trunk show order? I've got one pair left to go, bourbon Daltons, split reverse welt, buff finish, double JR. I'm not complaining about the wait, it's not like I'll be shoeless until this order arrives. But I'm so excited about the shoes and cannot wait to wear them!

ptfly

Reaction score
Anyone else waiting on a trunk show order? I've got one pair left to go, bourbon Daltons, split reverse welt, buff finish, double JR. I'm not complaining about the wait, it's not like I'll be shoeless until this order arrives. But I'm so excited about the shoes and cannot wait to wear them!
I am waiting too on the first pair I ordered. Just called today to check for the first time. The green MacNeils I ordered the last couple of days of the TS came a couple of months ago. By the way I am waiting on Chili strands.

gv7123456

Reaction score
I have two pair I’m waiting on from the trunk show (chili First Ave and shaved Leeds). The chili First Ave’s are a replacement for a pair I received last week with an issue.

Joe Schmoe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have two pair I’m waiting on from the trunk show (chili First Ave and shaved Leeds). The chili First Ave’s are a replacement for a pair I received last week with an issue.
I am waiting too on the first pair I ordered. Just called today to check for the first time. The green MacNeils I ordered the last couple of days of the TS came a couple of months ago. By the way I am waiting on Chili strands.

Thanks! We should all hold a candlelight vigil together.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'm going to be needing tongue pads for my Randolph most likely. New pair are a better match for heel and forefoot, but dang if the cone isn't high. If they decide to leave the Patriot dead, I'll be reluctantly back at Alden begging for LHS in my size

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads