• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbrandes

Reaction score
I was thinking of picking up the brown kudu Neumok 2.0. Was looking for a more casual shoe. Would you guys recommend it?

I have the Oak Street (cap toe derby version) - the kudu is incredibly comfortable and yes, they are great for casual wear.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

what are your experiences with black seconds?

What is usually wrong with them? crooked?

Only black seconds from the bank i have are first ave boots; one boot has some minor wrinkling on the ankle inner side. Unnoticeable with pants on (which i wear maybe 80% of the time).

I also have some Park Aves from the usual ebay fella; those I believe were firsts (ad never said "seconds" and they don't have the usual "seconds" mark on the sole at least). They were worn, but judging by the sole I'd say once or twice on carpet. They were honestly perfect. No discernible flaws.

If you're 100% sure of your size in a given last, I'd check ebay first, just to see what's what. Might get a much better deal, if I'm honest.

Last edited:

dfwcowboy

Reaction score
Is there a definitive pictorial guide to Merlot vs Burgundy (and even Oxblood)?

Not that I'm aware. The best reference seems to be to go to AE's site and look at the pictures there for comparison or you can google images of the shoe. The problem with doing that is there can be significant variances with the lighting when the pictures were taken and with the color calibration of your monitor. It's best to go into a store if you can and look at the actual shoes. Taking them outside can also change the way the color looks.

At least my merlot Hops have a color quality about them that's impossible to capture with pictures because the color will look significantly different under different lights and you get a depth of color you just can't see in photos because it changes depending on the direction of the light. It's also a color that responds to polish very well, so they will look much different with a glossy or more satin finish.

dfwcowboy

Reaction score
Merlot is my second favorite color behind (good) bourbon. It also seems to be a color that they bring back frequently. It's been around for a long time if you look at older AE catalogs. I don't think they permanently phased it out.

I suppose I'm just disappointed because it seems chili replaced it for some shoes fairly recently.

dfwcowboy

Reaction score
I was thinking of picking up the brown kudu Neumok 2.0. Was looking for a more casual shoe. Would you guys recommend it?

I have two of the Neumok 1.0 and like them quite a bit. I think what you'll find with the Neumok is it will work with everything from denim to slacks, which makes it more versatile than most.

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there a definitive pictorial guide to Merlot vs Burgundy (and even Oxblood)?

Go back and check out the 2016 thread. People posted side by sides.

Has anyone else noticed that on the Allen Edmonds website, the only Leeds and Macneil styles listed are the cordovan ones? No more Leeds 2.0 or Macneil 2.0's on the site that I could see. Fingers crossed that they realized they shouldn't have ever changed the originals!

They were discontinued in calf. Supposedly to return at some point on a different last.

roz77

Reaction score
Maiden voyage of the Burgundy Shell Cornwallis. I'm definitely in love with this shoe.

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@freshstyle Re: black shoes, all over the map.

2nds - park ave, bad scuffs near the heel cup, one almost looked like a cut through the leather but turned out ok. Dalton - practically nothing, minor wrinkle. Mctavish - one shoe too narrow (returned). 2nd attempt - really rough/banged up edge (fixable). Jefferson - some creases on one shoe, not much else. Rogue - heel cup on one shoe unraveling & coming apart, required repair. Franciscan - heel cup was "shot" and back of the shoe had bowing straight out of the box before I put them on (returned). Sanibel - deep indentation in the heel of left shoe - looks really bad up close. MacNeil - not much, some cracking in the edge/heel.

1sts - Cody - flawless. Nashua - bad squeaking on one shoe. Calf Lucca - excellent. Suede Lucca - also good. Taormina - small tear in weave. Mto all black Knightsbridge - excellent. Jermyn - right shoe toebox is clearly narrower than the left.

Thats what I remember off the top of my head.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads