• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Has everyone made their list for RDA in October?  

Walnut McAllister for $150 off is on the top of my list unless I do something between now and then to deplete my slush fund. Even though I have absolutely no need for another wingtip. Just want more walnut and think it looks best in a half or full brogue.

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At the end of the day, it's probably good that I have a wife, kids, and dogs to soak up all of my income. Otherwise, I'd be on one of those hoarder shows, but instead of a house of squalor, it would be stuffed to the rafters with clothes and shoes.

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At the end of the day, it's probably good that I have a wife, kids, and dogs to soak up all of my income. Otherwise, I'd be on one of those hoarder shows, but instead of a house of squalor, it would be stuffed to the rafters with clothes and shoes.

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes, I absolutely would. Somehow I once found myself watching a video of an NBA player going through his walk-in closet full of basketball shoes. I would have something similar to that but just dress shoes, boots, chukkas and a dozen or so pairs of PUMA and Adidas... still love a good retro looking fashion sneaker. Then another room dedicated to fly fishing paraphernalia, one full of photography equipment and computers, one full of books and yet another full of musical instruments that I couldn't play. Too many fascinating things out there to just ignore.

Last edited:

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, I absolutely would. Somehow I once found myself watching a video of an NBA player going through his walk-in closet full of basketball shoes. I would have something similar to that but just dress shoes, boots, chukkas and a dozen or so pairs of PUMA and Adidas... still love a good retro looking fashion sneaker. Then another room dedicated to fly fishing paraphernalia, one full of photography equipment and computers, one full of books and yet another full of musical instruments that I couldn't play. Too many fascinating things out there to just ignore.

So..... if not for your family you'd be on an episode of hoarders. Except newspapers and egg cartons, it would be all high end stuff.

I feel you on that, brother.

Edit: Oops you said the same thing. Insomnia slowing me down.

Last edited:

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wink.gif

11.5D

If I didn't have the "mistake cognacs" I wouldn't think of it

I was about to respond but ace beat me to it as usual - please don't unload the tan - I normally won't get more than one of a style unless it's something I think is just so above and beyond. I own three of the McTavish - only style where I have 3. And the only reason I never got tan is because by the time I went looking, everything I came across was beat to **** or badly mismatched colors, etc. My cognac looks like your "mistake" thing too, but if if I had found a good looking tan pair I totally would have picked that up too. Don't get me wrong, the Neumok 1.0 is pretty awesome, but it ain't no McTavish.

PbgGuy

Reaction score
So my walnut Daltons arrived the other day from the bank and they look GREAT. A little bit of striping on the side of one of the caps, but its not real noticeable and everything else looks perfect. The color seems to be a bit more on the orange side of walnut, but I'm ok with it.

Question: anyone have some good lace suggestions for this boot? The default brown laces it comes with are ok, but they dont really do much for it. Maybe thats the point though. Maybe a round black lace with a little more thickness? Open to suggestions. Thanks!

Middlife

Reaction score
I got my blue Neumoks today. I'm glad I was able to scrounge up an 11.5E and for the help I got at the SF store.

As much as I didn't want to buy yet another pair of shoes (this is my 9th pair of AE, most of them in the last year), I'm pretty excited about these...
You pushed me over the ledge with this picture. I just put in an order for a pair of these along with some grey suede Strandmoks. FBWs!

Last edited:

Middlife

Reaction score
Nah...I gave em the slip. Well, there was this one guy.....

Did you see the McGraw is coming back? Good one for you I think.
I didn't see, where is this info? I hope it's offered in bitter chocolate suede!

Middlife

Reaction score
Loden Dundees today to end the workweek.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads