1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kamara4Life

Kamara4Life Member

Good evening fellas, I'm new to the forum and hoping to get some assistance from you guys about some AE's. I have never owned a pair but I have heard some great things about them. I am interested in buying the DALTON WINGTIP DRESS BOOTS in Oxblood, if anyone has a pair can I please get a better picture? Thanks in advance.

2. JLC2

JLC2 Senior member

In anticipation of the massdrop chukkas, can anyone recommend a suede brush?

1 person likes this.
  3. amphillips79

amphillips79 Senior member

Speaking of, how does the massdrop chocolate color compare to the regular AE Bitter Chocolate? Anyone have side by sides?

4. middlepP

middlepP Senior member

Welcome to the AE Appreciation thread. You will find this thread very useful for learning more about the brand, sizing suggestions, pictures that are far more accurate and flattering than AE's stock pics, etc. I will worn you - the filthy barn weasels around here will have you in multiple pairs before you even know what hit you.

While I don't have any pictures of the oxblood Dalton (I do own it in walnut and burgundy shell), I can tell you it is a great looking boot!

Fit is paramount, so I HIGHLY suggest you get sized at an AE store. If that is not possible, drop in a Nordstrom. Worst case, take a peek at Neo's fit guide.

1 person likes this.
  5. Kamara4Life

Kamara4Life Member

Thank you very much..I will stop by an AE store here in Manhattan tomorrow.

6. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

Check a few pages back. Several pics were posted recently. Welcome aboard!

EDIT: here you go:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/518090/...g-accessories-clothing-etc/17160#post_8658640

Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
  7. Middlife

Middlife Senior member

Here are a few pictures of a pair I once owned.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/529702/allen-edmonds-dalton-boot-in-oxblood-calf-8e

8. armedferret

armedferret Senior member

Well the massdrop isn't expected to ship until mid-december, so I'm guessing nobody has any side-by-side photos juuuuuuuuust yet.

9. Newberry

Newberry Senior member

Maybe it's just me, but the Sauksville Boots remind me of Uggs in a wingtip boot version. I'm not sure I want them anymore. Mmm...

10. armedferret

I was on the fence, then I found a pair (at a nordstrom for some reason) and jumped off the fence on the "don't buy" side. Just bought a new gun for black friday too, so that spend helped keep me sane. ;)

1 person likes this.
  11. M2511

M2511 Senior member

The Massdrop Chocolate from the photos appeared to be similar to AEs brogue color tad darker than their current snuff (again based on looking at the photo and the snuff / brogue I have. Bitter appears to be quite noticeably darker.

12. M2511

M2511 Senior member

@nhlducks35 I'm not sure if someone answered you about the bourbon color but it according to the SA I spoke with it is the same bourbon, no change.

13. kingrover

kingrover Active Member

I may have missed something, but are the $99 Neumoks that people have been mentioning firsts or seconds? I see that Shoebank has $99 Seconds on sale, and the Clearance Neumoks are $197 on the main site. I thought that the firsts would be available at $99.

Thanks!

14. RLeslieS

RLeslieS Senior member

^
    They're seconds.

1 person likes this.
  15. drlivingston

drlivingston Senior member

I second the seconds comment.

1 person likes this.
  16. Jackboot

Jackboot Senior member

PSA: there is a pair of Jeffersons (old indy line) in brown 11D available for $177:

I'm curious why this old model popped up randomly? I have a pair and love them.

17. Newberry

Newberry Senior member

[​IMG]

Anyone have an idea of what the top left boot is called? My guess is that it's the Freiburg from last year but I can't find it on the AE website...

18. Newberry

Newberry Senior member

My local AE store ordered a dark brown suede and brogue suede in my sizes just so I can see them and try them on. I'm not sure I want a pair anymore lol

1 person likes this.
  19. armedferret

[​IMG]

20. Lobster33

Lobster33 Senior member

Well, sort of. They just recently changed the Delray chili to "dark chili" on the website. I've noticed that most of the time, the Delray chili is a little darker than the Lasalle. Of course, there is variation in color, and some Lasalle's may look similar. But in my experience, the Delray is usually a darker chili. It's interesting how much variation within one color there can be. It's something I really like about leather shoes as it gives it some uniqueness.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.