• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmond Black Fairfax 10D

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Hello, I was at the metro plaza last night and visited nord rack again to no avail.
However, I did come across a spanking brand new Black Fairfax in 10 D there. Usually the shoes there go through some roughage , but ever once in a while a just arrived pristine one comes.

anyways, not the best price but i bought em for 183 dollars. (169.9 +tax)

i picked them up in case someone was interested , you know , someone who doesnt have a rack nearby and needs a fairfax.
send to you for 183 +whatever it cost to ship to you. i show a pic and the receipt.

if not , ill just return them. no problem.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
That is very nice of you. I'm not interested in AE but that is an altruistic gesture and I couldn't let it go without comment. This forum wouldn't be a community if it weren't for actions like yours.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hope you'd tack on a couple of extra bucks to account for paypal fees. I think paypal is a convenient service and all, but I can't stand the size of the bite they feel they have to take for providing it. I don't know if they have a patent on the business method or method of transaction, but if they don't, I hope some other company will provide a similar service at less cost.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by diorshoe
it's not altruistic because im not giving it away for free.

Altruism is an unselfish interest in the welfare of others, not being a pushover or an easy mark. I didn't see where you had too much to gain from the transaction you proposed. It's not a tithe, it's StyleForum. You can try to argue semantics with me all you want but I still think what you are doing is nice, and I am not taking it back.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
most know here i try to minimze paypal usage. i dislike them and want to ban their use. those who dealt with me here usually provide personal check.

well, altruistic in the fact that i go to the rack often and sometimes get stuff that i just like to pass on to others here that may be of interest to them. just for friendship and looking out for each other sartorially sake.

but often i go there to get stuff to put on ebay for profit or to sell here for profit , and when i do , i let everybody know beforehand there is a finder fee
smile.gif

but thanks for the complement hossoso

i returned the fairfax tonite btw i think i know it is not of interest at that price now here.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads