• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

All New Shirt Collection

Jkhan82

Reaction score
Its been a few years since I've purchased shirts and I want to start fresh!

I have $1000 to spend on rebuilding my shirt collection. I was going to just order them from charles tyrwhitt but I'd love to hear what you guys would get and how many of what shirts?

I was thinking:

2 Whites ( 1 FC and 1 BC)

2 Light Blue shirts

And maybe a mixed batch of solids and strips

Along with some checkered shirts.

Thats my list.

What brands would you guys get? BB? Thomas Pink? etc

Dib

Reaction score
A lot depends on how often you need to wear shirts (everyday?), what profession you work in and what else is in your wardrobe (e.g. in terms of suits and ties). As it is, you have listed pretty much most types of shirts that one would have in a conventional business wardrobe (white solid, blue solid, along with other solids, stripes and checks)!

TBH - unless you are very easy to fit off the rack, I would be inclined to go MTM or bespoke and build your collection slowly. Shirts are one area where I think its really easy to spot a poor fit in a RTW item as something is ALWAYS off (either sleeves are too baggy, sleeves are too long etc etc).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads