• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alden x LeatherSoul x SF #8 shell boot

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Froppy boots on the left.

img2744sized.jpg

Wallcloud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
13 E!!!!!!!!

greekgeek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wallcloud
13 E!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by JayJay
I like them better with the "ripples". Thanks for the pic. The other shells look good, too.

I based my earlier comment on some eBay seller's pics that were decidedly less flattering than Tom's but somehow I am of the opposite opinion for this style. I think I would really enjoy seeing it in something on the order of a chestnut calfskin, sans ripples.

mg428

Reaction score
So are these boots considered dressy? Or are they versatile to be worn with everything? Some photos will be greatly appreciated-- Despite long searches on the Internet, I could not find any real life photos of these boots while worn.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah they seem pretty dressy to me but im sure you can rock with some clean denim. but i really wanna see some pics

i purchased the SF boot in Black shell so yeah ...

Grayland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mg428
So are these boots considered dressy? Or are they versatile to be worn with everything? Some photos will be greatly appreciated-- Despite long searches on the Internet, I could not find any real life photos of these boots while worn.

Oh, you thought people bought these boots to wear them?
bounce2.gif

mg428

Reaction score
Guys I need your rather immediate help: Can someone who owns a pair of Plaza lasted shoes (preferably balmoral and calfskin) and these SF boots, or the Plaza wingtip boots for that matter, tell me whether they wear the same size in both shoes?

The reason why I am asking this question is because I currently have one pair of Plaza lasted shoes, which is a balmoral having calfskin uppers, and it is already not snug, especially in the heal area, and I would say 1/4 longer than I would desire. Due to the fact that these SF boots are (1) bluchers; (2) boots, which, regardless of the brand, generally fits me looser; (3) made of shell cordovan, which is told to be a bit looser than calfskin, I am trying to find out whether I should/can half size down.

Your comments will be greatly appreciated.

TC11201

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mg428
Guys I need your rather immediate help: Can someone who owns a pair of Plaza lasted shoes (preferably balmoral and calfskin) and these SF boots, or the Plaza wingtip boots for that matter, tell me whether they wear the same size in both shoes?

The reason why I am asking this question is because I currently have one pair of Plaza lasted shoes, which is a balmoral having calfskin uppers, and it is already not snug, especially in the heal area, and I would say 1/4 longer than I would desire. Due to the fact that these SF boots are (1) bluchers; (2) boots, which, regardless of the brand, generally fits me looser; (3) made of shell cordovan, which is told to be a bit looser than calfskin, I am trying to find out whether I should/can half size down.

Your comments will be greatly appreciated.

I have these SF x LS X Alden boots and another pair of Alden's on the plaza last (also bluchers / derbies, in calf, not cordo). I wear the same in both sizes and they feel about the same. To the extent there are differences, they are minor and have to do with where these boots are tied versus where the shoes are tied. Blucher / derbies can be more forgiving than oxfords / bals, but that's more like an option for the wearer in my experience. Plus, the plaza last is narrow enough that unless you have very thin / narrow feet, you'd be best off staying in your same size. I have D/E width feet, so sizing down would not work with this last (too narrow across the ball of the foot for comfort). I find the "differences" in cordo vs calf sizing to be minimal.

mg428

Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
More Pics!!!

These are all I could find after spending long time and ample search on the Internet. Perhaps you may post the very first black LSXSF boots photos here once you receive them:

mg428

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TC11201
I have these SF x LS X Alden boots and another pair of Alden's on the plaza last (also bluchers / derbies, in calf, not cordo). I wear the same in both sizes and they feel about the same. To the extent there are differences, they are minor and have to do with where these boots are tied versus where the shoes are tied. Blucher / derbies can be more forgiving than oxfords / bals, but that's more like an option for the wearer in my experience. Plus, the plaza last is narrow enough that unless you have very thin / narrow feet, you'd be best off staying in your same size. I have D/E width feet, so sizing down would not work with this last (too narrow across the ball of the foot for comfort). I find the "differences" in cordo vs calf sizing to be minimal.

Thank you for your reply. I have D width feet. Perhaps, just a tad C/D.

If someone who owns a pair of balmoral Plaza oxfords, preferably calfskin, may comment, that will be greatly appreciated!

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ill def post lots of pics. i am expecting these SF's in black and the 5th anniversary chukkas in #8 by the end of this week or monday of next week.

two new boots to add to my collection of #8 longwings and my cigar indy boots

andyw

Reaction score
Here are my Leathersoul SF boots......resoled them this year with Dainite soles which I like much better than the Alden leather sole and more finished looking than the Alden Commando sole.. I wear the boots in semi dressy occassions, i.e. odd jackets & flannels. They don't work for me with suits.

The cigar shell plain toe boot on the Modifed last is my favorite Alden boot; it just looks right when worn in. It's also taken a beating; the mark on the right shoe toebox comes from a vicious gash imparted by a file cabinet drawer....it was lower than I thought. But overall I think the boots looks great.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads