• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alden for J Crew waxed longwing bluchers 10.5D Barrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

thecentennial

Reaction score
SOLD!

Bit of a story here.

Bought these new a few months. Unfortunately the stitching was coming loose on one of the lace flaps (?). So I took to a cobbler in Otley, UK who "works on Lobbs" and used to "refurbish Allen Edmonds"...

In good hands, I thought.

So the shoes were returned, but he also decided to "re enforce" the other 3 zones with additional stitching..

They dont look terrible, it's only because I'm a completely anal twat, and dont like to wear anything with even the slightest blemish (I'm a "I know you cant really see it, but I KNOW it's there" kind of guy).

So I'm moving them on to someone who really doesn't give a rats arse that their shoes has a bit of extra stitching that no-one can see anyway. They still look great, soles almost no wear, uppers minty with next to zero creasing. I think I only worse them once from memory. I also had steel toe plates installed.

They are 10.5D on the Barrie. Retail for $515, buy 'em here for 285 shipped anywhere in the world via 3 day DHL express.

DROP TO $245 SHIPPED

$220 shipped globally - I must be mad.

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/shoes/AldenForJCrew/PRDOVR~18582/18582.jsp

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    725.2 KB · Views: 90
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    645 KB · Views: 90
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    742 KB · Views: 83
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    811 KB · Views: 84
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    990.2 KB · Views: 64
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    984.8 KB · Views: 69
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    975.2 KB · Views: 70
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    775 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
amazing deal. I have these same shoes in 10 and wear them often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads