• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Affordable woollen trousers (EU)?

RaincoatsAndJumpers

Reaction score
Dear all,
I am a new member on this forum and would like to know whether there are options for affordable woollen (or wool-blend) trousers in the EU, since shipping from the USA/Canada/the UK is often not worth it (or impossible, in the case of some UK brands). At the moment, since I am in university, a price bracket around 100€, with a maximum of 200€, would be all I can work with.
Perhaps such a thread already exists, but still, I would ask for any recommended brands in the price bracket stated above.
Thanks in advance!

SartoriaModerna

Reaction score
there are plenty, some examples from well-known EU brands here on the forum:

Suitsupply is also worth a mention..

RaincoatsAndJumpers

Reaction score
there are plenty, some examples from well-known EU brands here on the forum:

Suitsupply is also worth a mention..
I appreciate the detailed listing, and some of those brands I already have stumbled upon in my research.
This may sound stingy, but unfortunately, most of those go beyond 200€, and their items on sale do not include offerings in my waist size (which fluctuates between 81 and 83cm). Perhaps they’ll have better sales at another point in time.

Suitsupply seems quite interesting with their customisation options, so perhaps I’ll settle for them.

Another question:
Does anyone have experience with the trouser brand Meyer? I was pondering on whether their machine washable poly-wool blends are worth it considering their prices in the 130–150€.

SartoriaModerna

Reaction score
I appreciate the detailed listing, and some of those brands I already have stumbled upon in my research.
This may sound stingy, but unfortunately, most of those go beyond 200€, and their items on sale do not include offerings in my waist size (which fluctuates between 81 and 83cm). Perhaps they’ll have better sales at another point in time.

Are you sure? 81cm waist is approx 32 inch or size 46/48IT and 38FR. I see plenty of options on the proposed sites at that size and below 200 EUR. Unless you want lightweight wool instead of the heavier wools like flannel, but every vendor is usually selling Fall/Winter collection now.

No first hand experience with Meyer, but paying 150 for polyester blend while you can get quality wool at 200 seems not a great deal, nevertheless, it's all about the fit. Therefore, SS might be your best option indeed, especially if you are in between sizes sometimes.

RaincoatsAndJumpers

Reaction score
Are you sure? 81cm waist is approx 32 inch or size 46/48IT and 38FR. I see plenty of options on the proposed sites at that size and below 200 EUR. Unless you want lightweight wool instead of the heavier wools like flannel, but every vendor is usually selling Fall/Winter collection now.

No first hand experience with Meyer, but paying 150 for polyester blend while you can get quality wool at 200 seems not a great deal, nevertheless, it's all about the fit. Therefore, SS might be your best option indeed, especially if you are in between sizes sometimes.
I see, thank you very much for the constructive reply!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads