• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Advice: suit feels a little off

langdon

Reaction score
Originally Posted by FlaneurNYC
Also, try to steer clear of the dark suit/ black tie/ white shirt combo. Especially for a summertime wedding.

So what would you recommend? I don't want to do black or gray. And I am not a fan of linen suits. I figured navy was the best of the color choices. Plus its an early evening ceremony not a day one.
Not to mention I've seen a definite trend of black tie on navy in the past few months. But suggestions are welcome.

And can someone explain the 3/2 - 3/3 roll terminology. I get roll denotes the spot the lapel ends but the number stuff throws me.

emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That one detail... that one element... is that you got the wrong size. Get something smaller. Nothing is wrong with a navy suit. Just wear a brighter tie as to show you know what season it is
smile.gif

Blackl3232

Reaction score
Originally Posted by langdon
And can someone explain the 3/2 - 3/3 roll terminology. I get roll denotes the spot the lapel ends but the number stuff throws me.
Here is a 3/2 or "three roll two": http://www.ivy-style.com/wp-content/.../grant-cut.jpg Note the buttonhole in the lapel-there are three buttons, but the lapel rolls down to the second button. There's also a 3/2.5, where the lapels end somewhere between the top two buttons, so you still can't button the top button but it doesn't come completely down to the second button. 3/3 is what you have-3 buttons where you're able to button both of the top buttons.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics