• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Advice on sizing

Zenifyx

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently bought a pair of shoes (Antonio Meccariello) and these fit kinda just right in both the width and length, but my toes however are slightly cramped.
Would these shoes stretch out in the toe area or should I size up half a size?
I'm concerned about heel slip as well if I do size up.

Do advise. Thanks.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the shoes fit “kinda just right” (what does that mean exactly?) in width and length then you need to be more specific about how/where your toes feel cramped before any advice can be useful. Also what is the style of shoe? You can imagine that an unlined loafer will be more likely to stretch than a captoe oxford.

Zenifyx

Reaction score
Toes are bunched together and except for the big toe, the other 4 toes are unable to fully extend.
It is a double monk style with a captoe.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So the shoe is too short? I doubt it will stretch enough in length. I would size up.

Reaction score
Cap-toe shoes aren't going to give as much stretch as unlined. If you're willing to risk it, walking around while wearing thick socks adds extra tension that stretches those tight-strappy areas such as the counter.

But if the shoes constrict your feet to the point of obvious discomfort, that's a sign that blisters and calluses will rear their heads in (or out).

If it were me, I'd either find a better fitting pair of shoes, or size up and wear insoles to fill up any spaces in them..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads