• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Adidas vs. Puma

modual

Reaction score
Adidas all day long
660273_01.jpg

Kodak

Reaction score
I like both. Adicolor series was nice and some of the collaborations with designer for puma make me take look twice.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Although I like Adidas more, I do like some of the funkier stuff Puma puts out. So, if you like classic designs, Adidas is for you. However, Puma is good for those who like the more futuristic stuff.

And yes, I did know that Adidas and Puma were started by 2 brothers who didn't like each other very much (Adidas came first, Puma second).

Histrion

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JoMak_NYC
I like these Pumas too:

Pele's
34299403.jpg

Supers
34155307.jpg

I totally dig these Pele's!

Anybody knows where in MontrÃ
00a9.png
al or perhaps NYC (I'll be there in about a week, but I won't have much shopping time) I could pick up a pair of these?

UMass

Reaction score
Adidas, they actually make athletic shoes! I just purchased a pair of Adidas Mali's in Yellow and Black.
Puma's are moreless streetware.
smile.gif

Hanseat

Reaction score
The thing is that in Herzogenaurach, where both companies are headquartered, the kids from Puma-families were not supposed to hang out or date with the Adidas-kids back when. I think that about sums up the degree of animosity between the companies. Personally I think that a lot of the stuff Puma puts out there is pretty cool but then again I don't own any 'sneakers' per se. I thought about getting some Pumas though.

dizzhizz

Reaction score
I have to say that the Adidas Original line is much nicer than what Puma currently puts out any day!

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I tend to like the more expensive Pumas (96 hours and Miharas) but I definitely like the cheaper "classic Adidas, and the Samba is one of the greatest shoes ever made IMO.

Some Stuff:
Puma
Puma
Puma
Adidas
Adidas

JoMak_NYC

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sygyzy
Though I would say I like Adidas more, looking at my shoe rack, I own something like 4 Pumas and only 1 pair of Adidas. Hmmm...

X__________

Same thing for me. Maybe just maybe we like Pumas more but just aren't ready to admit it. I just looked at both websites and it's hard to tell which are nicer - chances are though when I finally go to get a mew pair, they'd be Pumas.
confused.gif

JoMak_NYC

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Histrion
I totally dig these Pele's! Anybody knows where in MontrÃ
00a9.png
al or perhaps NYC (I'll be there in about a week, but I won't have much shopping time) I could pick up a pair of these?

Only place to get the non-Footlocker style Pumas are from the Puma store in SoHo (broadway & spring). *note - adidas' store is a few blocks away on the corner of Houston*

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
I grew up in Southern Cali, so I never thought about them one way or the other. Most people had a pair, and I liked most models fine, though I was never a skater, so I didn't wear some of the more skate-style shoes (half cabs, for example). I never really gave them another thought, except as a standard go-to sneaker, until I moved away from Cali. Now I'm developing a huge affection for them.
smile.gif
It's a Vans Renaissance. I still think the checkerboard slips are one of the best sneakers ever made, but that might just be nostalgia on my part. I had a pair that I wore every day for years growing up.

Tell me about it, all my friends had them in the 80s here in socal and my mom would never buy me a pair. I'm currently rockin 4 pairs all suede different colors including loomstate editions. They've become so trendy I hate wearing them now with a stupid song out about them.

topcatny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JoMak_NYC
Only place to get the non-Footlocker style Pumas are from the Puma store in SoHo (broadway & spring).

*note - adidas' store is a few blocks away on the corner of Houston*

There is also an adidas originals store on Wooster between Houston and Prince St.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads