1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Adidas vs. Puma

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jumpman69, Jul 13, 2006.

1. jumpman69

jumpman69 Member

These two shoe brands are infamous in other parts of the world, but what is your opinion on them?

I'm really not feeling most of the Puma's designs. Adidas, on the other hand, they got some pretty nice design on most of their shoes. I'm feeling some Pumas, Clydes and Romas, but I'm not really feeling anything else.

2. cheapmutha

cheapmutha Well-Known Member

adidas... just overall more classic timeless shit than any other sneaker maker out there.

3. Get Smart

Get Smart Well-Known Member

Adidas > Puma

besides ADIDAS is an acronym for "All Day I Dream About Sex" so that's good enough for me

4. tangerine

tangerine Well-Known Member

Adidas > Puma

besides ADIDAS is an acronym for "All Day I Dream About Sex" so that's good enough for me

I bet Adi Dassler told you that.

I like more styles of Adidas than I do Puma, but I rarely wear either anymore, am in Vans most of the time.

5. JoMak_NYC

JoMak_NYC Well-Known Member

For me that's a hard one. Before Puma had their own section in every neighborhood Foot Locker I dug them more. I own more pairs of Puma than I do Adidas'. Who am I kidding, I only have 1 pair of Adidas' some classic white shell tops. But Puma seems to be the 'fad' brand now and so I am thinking of switching allegiance.

Right after I 'walk' to Woodbury Commons and buy me these all black Immortals.

[​IMG]

PS: I rock my Tigers and Chucks harder than I do any of the above. My Tigers taking a beating though - should I clean them?

6. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Well-Known Member

I was just in a shoe store yesterday pondering the ridiculous similarities between the samba and the puma 10. Same shoe! Who was first?

[​IMG][​IMG]

Sambas win. I thought the samba looked fantastic in white/black, as well as the red/white:
    [​IMG]
    Keeping sneakers clean is lame.

7. JoMak_NYC

I like these Pumas too:

Pele's
    [​IMG]

Supers
    [​IMG]

8. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Well-Known Member

Strangely enough i never noticed vans until i came onto this board. Now im starting to dig their minimalist look.

I grew up in Southern Cali, so I never thought about them one way or the other. Most people had a pair, and I liked most models fine, though I was never a skater, so I didn't wear some of the more skate-style shoes (half cabs, for example). I never really gave them another thought, except as a standard go-to sneaker, until I moved away from Cali. Now I'm developing a huge affection for them. [​IMG] It's a Vans Renaissance. I still think the checkerboard slips are one of the best sneakers ever made, but that might just be nostalgia on my part. I had a pair that I wore every day for years growing up.

9. Brian SD

Brian SD Well-Known Member

Adidas, no question.

10. JoMak_NYC

I grew up in Southern Cali, so I never thought about them one way or the other. Most people had a pair, and I liked most models fine, though I was never a skater, so I didn't wear some of the more skate-style shoes (half cabs, for example). I never really gave them another thought, except as a standard go-to sneaker, until I moved away from Cali. Now I'm developing a huge affection for them. [​IMG] It's a Vans Renaissance. I still think the checkerboard slips are one of the best sneakers ever made, but that might just be nostalgia on my part. I had a pair that I wore every day for years growing up.

The checkerboards are becoming a bit too common place here in NY. I'd feel like a waggonist copping a pair now. Or maybe I should just not watch nuh face and get a pair anyhow.

11. muelleran

muelleran Well-Known Member

Did you know that Puma was founded by Adi Dassler's brother Rudolf Dassler?

12. JoMak_NYC

Did you know that Puma was founded by Adi Dassler's brother Rudolf Dassler?

Are you then saying they sould be called Ruddas'? [​IMG]

13. montecristo#4

montecristo#4 Well-Known Member

Adidas, although my Ligas are the most comfortable sneaks I own.

14. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Well-Known Member

The checkerboards are becoming a bit too common place here in NY. I'd feel like a waggonist copping a pair now. Or maybe I should just not watch nuh face and get a pair anyhow.

At some point, the horses pulling the wagon will collapse, and they'll hook it to something else....

On the original question of the thread, which I forgot to answer: Adidas. Definitely.

15. Get Smart

Get Smart Well-Known Member

I bet Adi Dassler told you that.

you got it. way back in the 7th grade

16. modual

modual Well-Known Member

Adidas all day long[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Stax

Stax Well-Known Member

18. Kodak

Kodak Active Member

I like both. Adicolor series was nice and some of the collaborations with designer for puma make me take look twice.

19. sygyzy

sygyzy Well-Known Member

Though I would say I like Adidas more, looking at my shoe rack, I own something like 4 Pumas and only 1 pair of Adidas. Hmmm...

20. DNW

DNW Well-Known Member

Although I like Adidas more, I do like some of the funkier stuff Puma puts out. So, if you like classic designs, Adidas is for you. However, Puma is good for those who like the more futuristic stuff.

And yes, I did know that Adidas and Puma were started by 2 brothers who didn't like each other very much (Adidas came first, Puma second).