• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Acne Jeans fit question

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by madgrad
You know, I never figured why Acne jeans weren't as popular around here. I love the Mic cut, straight leg, a touch slimmer than a 501 but still a comfortable fit, flattering on just about everybody, raw and a few decent washes, etc.

I agree, I love the fit too, and some of the washes are nice, but what infuriates me is that I can never seem to find anything but 34" inseams at brick & mortars. If you are going to sell jeans with manufactured knee fades, why would you limit your market to only people with one length of leg?

sean2slow

Reaction score
I too was recently looking into a pair of ACNE max cash, but decided to go with nudie thin finn dry black coated due to the price difference (almost $100 dollars).
Now reading this thread is making me to have a second thought.
Is the quality and construction of the ACNE that substantially better than nudie? I have never had a pair of ACNE before. I have no idea what I'm talking about.
Please someone enlighten me.

Also if anyone can provide me with a store or a site that has a pair of ACNE max cash in size 29 ( I wear 29 in nudies), I would really appreciate it. So far the only site that has a pair that is close to my size (a pair in size 30) is revolveclothing.
Thanx!!

jufros

Reaction score
I have acne max raws and nudie slim jims that I've tapered. The fit is similar. My nudie crotch has blown twice. My nudies have stretched too much. The acnes have gorgeous denim are my favorite pair of jeans besides my much lived in and not so new standards.

madgrad

Reaction score
This thread has made me happy to know I'm not crazy in my love for Acnes. To me, their washes rank right up there with Earnest Sewn for taste and affordability.

Christ, I feel like a shill for the company. Dear Acne: Please send me free ****.

I do have a bit of a funny story about a pair or cursed Acne jeans. Cursed might be a bad word, they were more the equivalent of the denim sword in the stone.

This comes from another website I was on, not SuFu. Anyways, perhaps you are familiar with the Dry Clean wash for Acne jeans. It's only on the Moc coat but it's a beautiful somewhat waxy finish, quite nice and unique.

I don't know how this guy got a pair but he came into possession of a sample/pre production/ small run whatever you want to call it pair of Maxs in Dry Clean. I've never seen them before or after on any website or picture thread but they were legit.

Problem was, they didn't fit this guy. No big deal, he figured he'd just sell them to somone else. So being responsible, he took pictures and measurements and sold them for the price he paid of 75 plus shipping, and another happy soul came into posession of these beautiful jeans.

Trouble was, they didn't fit him either. Nor the eight people after that. In the space of the year, these jeans became the male equivalent of the "Sisterhood of the Traveling pants" and came into contact with more guys balls than your average street hooker. I have no idea how this is possible, but these jeans didn't fit anyone properly.

They had been traded off yet again the last time I lost track of them.

Many said they were cursed. I have another theory. One day a young lad will buy them, and they will fit him properly. Then he will become king of all denim and rule with a kind hand and a just heart. Or something.

Tangfastic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Id appreciate any opinions on jeans bought from the DDT shop, as he has a couple of people in feedback saying the acnes are fake. I'm very tempted to buy, but the official Acne site has the style I want half price at the moment (still considerably more than the e-bay guy is selling at).

entropy kid

Reaction score
I don't know if I'm right, but part of the price question for that Ebay shop might be explained by the fact that it's in turkey, where a huge percentage of jeans from european companies are produced. Don't know about Acne but I'd guess, that they produce in Turkey or Morocco (at least for distressed/washed models)...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads