• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Abercrombie Jacket

xmx250

Reaction score
It seems as if this forum isnt geared towards this type of clothing. But i figured i'd post up a picture of this jacket to see what you guys think of it. I dress like the average college kid. I rarely wear a button down or slacks, or shoes. I do however like this forum and the community you guys have going here. I also hope to diversify my wardrobe and start dressing in slightly more mature clothing. But for the time being what do you guys think? anyone know any other brands i can look into for something similar that may be nicer?

16022_01_l.jpg

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that jacket is horrible
try not to dress like an average college kid, because it looks really bad

don't wear flip flops
don't wear abercrombie
don't pop your collar on your polo or lacoste shirt
dont use the word bro

xmx250

Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
that jacket is horrible
try not to dress like an average college kid, because it looks really bad

don't wear flip flops
don't wear abercrombie
don't pop your collar on your polo or lacoste shirt
dont use the word bro

i dont wear flip flops, this would be my first abercrombie garment in like 4 years, i dont pop my collar, lol. I dont say bro but i do get humor out of overusing it.

I'm open to suggestions to other jackets guys. post pics and links

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by xmx250
i dont wear flip flops, this would be my first abercrombie garment in like 4 years, i dont pop my collar, lol. I dont say bro but i do get humor out of overusing it.

I'm open to suggestions to other jackets guys. post pics and links

you havn't really told us any information
such as your size, measurements, what exact kind of jacket you are looking for (casual, warm, dressy yet casual, etc)

we can't really help you if you don't give us info

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrianVarick
If that was Engineered Garments would you guys like it better?

No. There are some EG stuff that we would never wear. Like this:
eg_paisley.jpg

eek.gif

To the OP: there're so many better options, especially considering the sum A&F would charge for a down jacket. Do a search on "winter jacket", "jacket" etc. for ideas, or at least give us some criterias that you're looking for.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Give the guy a break. Im sure most people have fell into the 'AF' trap before. I for one have <Lowers head in shame>. But yeah honest their clothes are really over price for what it is, which is crap. Plus i think the whole faux (fake) fur in hoods is kind of tacky. If you want to start dressing more mature without breaking the bank try Jcrew, has good sales right now.
After going through this forum you will look at brands like AF as 'meh.' I can't stand that stuff now. I still have some of it (polo to kick around or long sleeve button up under a sweater) in my wardrobe.

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i can happily say i never owned one piece of A&amp;F in my life, and i am 22 years old, so A&amp;F was pretty popular during college/high school for me..

Max

Reaction score
I'm not into the elastic waist.

Uniqlo does a pretty killer puffy jacket if you're near one. It's down and has a detachable faux-fur-lined hood with detachable faux-fur trim. Quality appears on-point and it's only $129.

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i don't see anything wrong with the jacket. there's no garish A&F branding, their garments are usually cut on the slim side, and it looks functional if you live in that type weather. if you like it, go for it. A&F will probably charge an arm and a leg for it so if you can wait closer to the end of the season, you'll be able to get it for a steal. picked up an A&F m65 replica awhile back for $50 discounted from $265 if my memory serves me correctly.

-Jeff

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With the exception of the lining in the hood, that jacket isn't too bad. In fact, I think it's one of the better A&amp;F items I've seen.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree with the guys above...looks like a pretty cool jacket to me. I wouldn't pay the $200-250 that I imagine they're asking for it, but if it dropped to 80-100 I might buy it.

xmx250

Reaction score
The price is $178. and i live in NY so it does get cold here

i'm open to hear more suggestions for other jackets

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics