• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

a (the?) Neil Barrett thread

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Did you ever deal with Diorling? He is the epitome of all that is wrong with "gay fashionistas."

Yah I basically subscribe to a few posts and other than that there is too much crap. Even then most things have just been repeated ad naseum so it is really pointless to add to the thread.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Did you ever deal with Diorling? He is the epitome of all that is wrong with "gay fashionistas." Yah I basically subscribe to a few posts and other than that there is too much crap. Even then most things have just been repeated ad naseum so it is really pointless to add to the thread.
Just that name is cringe-worthy. I bet he has a vaguely illiterate MySpace page full of flash and dash, sparkly stars and the Dior logo repeated on a pink background. I remember there was another male who was very fond of makeup and worked at MAC or something--Alejandro or a gratuitous name to that effect.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Oh yah Alejandro is decent...because he isn't fake about anything and will call people out on ****.

Diorling was more of the "Oh I just loooove using my Black Card at Denny's after hitting up Bungalow and driving back home in the Range."
Which of course he let it slip with that going to show he lives in NJ.
Also his What are you wearing posts were like "Lanvin, Dior, Hermes" and never a pic posted.

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also his What are you wearing posts were like "Lanvin, Dior, Hermes" and never a pic posted.

I find it funny (and pretty sad) when people do this. A girl did this for a long time on the Vogue Australia forums; but she fabricated a whole lifestyle, where she was an influential P.R. hot shot, her parents bought her an apartment, she was in relationship with a very high profile footballer (who was in a long time relationship with someone else) etc etc. She was recently called out, when one of the other girls who knew the real details of the footballers relationship "set a trap" of sorts.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Homme
I find it funny (and pretty sad) when people do this. A girl did this for a long time on the Vogue Australia forums; but she fabricated a whole lifestyle, where she was an influential P.R. hot shot, her parents bought her an apartment, she was in relationship with a very high profile footballer (who was in a long time relationship with someone else) etc etc. She was recently called out, when one of the other girls who knew the real details of the footballers relationship "set a trap" of sorts.

Geesh; sounds about like the drama on the authentic-only apply-for-admission LV and Hermes handbag forums. Only, add thirty-five years to the ages of the "girls" and about five zeroes to their incomes, which increases the venom factor by a few million.

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There have been other 'scandals' on that forum before, the most noticeable being a girl who "faked her own death". She posted several items for sale; took payments and then never posted anything out. After a while, the members who paid wanted answers, the girl disappeared; and another member signs up claiming to be the girl's sister, saying she died of a rare disease (menningacoccal). She was found out in the end, some girls knew what area she lived in, and there were no cases of that disease there.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Did you ever deal with Diorling? He is the epitome of all that is wrong with "gay fashionistas."

Yah I basically subscribe to a few posts and other than that there is too much crap. Even then most things have just been repeated ad naseum so it is really pointless to add to the thread.

Also, I'm reminded of the males who make up excuses to use an Hermes Birkin bag. Shudder-worthy.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Homme
There have been other 'scandals' on that forum before, the most noticeable being a girl who "faked her own death". She posted several items for sale; took payments and then never posted anything out. After a while, the members who paid wanted answers, the girl disappeared; and another member signs up claiming to be the girl's sister, saying she died of a rare disease (menningacoccal). She was found out in the end, some girls knew what area she lived in, and there were no cases of that disease there.

Reminds me of the former adjunct in our department whose child died in a terrible car accident. Turns out not only that the child didn't die, but that the woman didn't even have a child. She just made it all up in order to elicit sympathy and get out of her teaching load at the end of the semester. We all worked with this person for over a year and she seemed like a completely normal, funny, interesting person and so our whole department was just torn up about the poor child's death. After we found out about the child, we then found out that every single thing... I mean EVERYTHING (not just about her child)... that she told us was completely and totally made up.

People are just crazy and obviously drama online can only mimic drama in real life...

Anyway, what about Neil Barrett?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc

Anyway, what about Neil Barrett?

In conclusion, Neil Barrett = decent, not outstanding, designer.

Gay fashionistas = annoying

Birkin bags .not. for men

Faking death to sell stuff? Crazy.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not feeling well.. anyone want to buy some Dries pants?

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
In conclusion, Neil Barrett = decent, not outstanding, designer.

Gay fashionistas = annoying

Birkin bags .not. for men

Faking death to sell stuff? Crazy.

Gotcha. Glad we're back on the same page.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Speaking of....

"Valentino is set to resign later today, WWD has learned. The designer will announce he will do one more ready to wear show and one more couture season, then step down. Valentino’s decision follows his three-day 45th anniversary celebrations in Rome in July.

The designer’s future at the company has been the subject of much speculation over the last year, especially following Permira’s acquisition of Valentino Fashion Group this past spring. Valentino and his business partner, Giancarlo Giammetti, have consistently stated over the last year that they would step down when they were ready, although as recently as July the designer was insisting he had no firm plans to do so.

--wwd"

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Speaking of....

"Valentino is set to resign later today, WWD has learned. The designer will announce he will do one more ready to wear show and one more couture season, then step down. Valentino's decision follows his three-day 45th anniversary celebrations in Rome in July.

The designer's future at the company has been the subject of much speculation over the last year, especially following Permira's acquisition of Valentino Fashion Group this past spring. Valentino and his business partner, Giancarlo Giammetti, have consistently stated over the last year that they would step down when they were ready, although as recently as July the designer was insisting he had no firm plans to do so.

--wwd"

When Valentino steps down, I wonder what that will mean for the haute couture--perhaps another one gone?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads