• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A.P.C x Kanye West F/W 2014

mugatu

Reaction score
PC manufacture in various countries, mostly from within EU. The fabrics are mainly sourced in Italy. Only the jeans are made in Macau from Japanese denim. Read my above comment for info on last collab...

brotherleader

Reaction score

APC manufacture in various countries, mostly from within EU. The fabrics are mainly sourced in Italy. Only the jeans are made in Macau from Japanese denim. Read my above comment for info on last collab...

Are the raw NS still made in Vietnam? APC has quite a few products made in Tunisia along with a decent selection of items from China. Quality of APC is often quite exaggerated and well and truly nothing special.

mugatu

Reaction score
Quality is all relative to what you're comparing it to.. but it's also true that APC is sort of inconsistent with items produced in a rather wide range of places. the denim isn't produced in vietnam, it's 80% made in macau, 20% made in japan ( with difference in quality is what you'd expect). Touitou has said in interviews that he's constantly trying to improve quality by finding the best ratio in between fabrics and manufacture origin. he actually doesn't do much designing for the brand but spends most of his times sourcing fabrics & touring mills/factories (he often blogs about this). anyways as i said earlier, the APC x Kanye collab is IMO a step above mainline and the next round seems to promise that as well (i don't remember ever seeing fur items / $2K parkas done before)

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Uhh costco quality off the hook
I dunno what y'all are shopping but they have some really nice stuff for the price.
The merino Ts are $20, made in Canada, and I guarantee are nicer than the the APC ones. Don't drag Costco into this!!

It's almost impossible to find a size small for mens clothing at Costco over here, not really sure why that is?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hilarious. Most of the collection looks like what Kanye wears, or rather, wore a lot of, offstage, a few years ago. So, essentially, RRL + fur + Visvim basics. Everything is wearable, versatile, and because it is both of these things, fairly underwhelming. If someone traded this out for my travel wardrobe, it would take a few minutes for me to realize that there are fewer belts and leather jackets, and more fur, than I usually wear.

brotherleader

Reaction score

Quality is all relative to what you're comparing it to.. but it's also true that APC is sort of inconsistent with items produced in a rather wide range of places. the denim isn't produced in vietnam, it's 80% made in macau, 20% made in japan ( with difference in quality is what you'd expect). Touitou has said in interviews that he's constantly trying to improve quality by finding the best ratio in between fabrics and manufacture origin. he actually doesn't do much designing for the brand but spends most of his times sourcing fabrics & touring mills/factories (he often blogs about this). anyways as i said earlier, the APC x Kanye collab is IMO a step above mainline and the next round seems to promise that as well (i don't remember ever seeing fur items / $2K parkas done before)

Perhaps I should take this to another thread but the MIJ quality is considerably better but I doubt it is anywhere near 20% of their denim production, 5% might even be a stretch. Also, if true, it's good to know they aren't making any denim in Vietnam anymore. The decline in quality was noticeable and all wrong with that little foray into Vietnam.

On Topic, APC has had fur before - in their Louis W collab. It just wasn't over the top like this collab.

mugatu

Reaction score
Again it's all relative to what you're comparing it to... i stated it was above mainline.. Louis W is their premium outerwear line.. as far as the denim goes, all the raw black overdye models & petit standard leger were made in japan. perhaps because i'm in Paris, and shop at the flagship, they are more readily available.. the rest are made in Macau (including the APC x Kanye jeans) and the quality is honestly average at best if you are a denim connoisseur. the fabric itself is Japanese selvedge, but probably not from the best mill (stretches like crazy) and the stitching is sub-par imo..

Anyways enough about quality.. Bomber jacket looking pretty tough there.. not feeling the taper on those cotton biker pants though..

kbasanti

Reaction score
Whats everyone getting from this release?

I'm getting the airport sweater. Only getting the jeans if the fit works for me. But I need room in the upper block with a aggressive taper (blame my athletic thighs) so the kanye cut might work for me

rossj337

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the measurements for the waist, inseam and hem for the APCxKanye jeans in a size 28 or 29? I can't find it anywhere.

Thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads